Musings for 2010

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Have we thought about next year yet? There was talk about having less contests running...is that something we want to do?

How about the number of prizes? Did we have enough this year? Should I get more next year?

I canvassed for about a month and a half this year, and that seemed to be better than two months - last year we began in November...but we ended up with more prizes this year (dollar wise, if nothing else), so I think moving the bash back a month helped too!

I know Ed is coming up with a plan for having a small army take the 'distribution and delivery' task for next year; anyone have other thoughts about what to change for 2010? Now's the time to record them, while they're fresh in our minds!

Andrew

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Dawn has been contacting all the winners to make certain their packages have been delivered. One comment she heard - where was the "front page photo" contest?

Also, reviewing comments, the "open pen" contest was a great success, but should be changed to allow one WITH traxh talk (some loved it) and one without trashing (some "not-so-much).

That's my input. The prize awards will be handled differently. As far as number of prizes -- you certainly did great as I see it, Andrew.

M

Mudder

Dawn has been contacting all the winners to make certain their packages have been delivered. One comment she heard - where was the "front page photo" contest?

I've contacted my recipient to let him know mine will be coming soon. The PO in it's infinite wisdom chose to close down the old post office that was right on my way to work. Now I have to travel 5 miles away and wait until it opens at 8:00 to mail the package. I don't want to leave it on the doorstep because we have had a couple of "incidents" with mail disappearing in my neighborhood. Kids playing pranks I suppose.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
During the first year, we had a pen and "holder" contest that was sponsored by Woodturning Designs. The winners got a write up. Perhaps Joe Hermann would get on board with this if we started now. I think Scott made the contact back in 2004.

Other than that as an addition, you folks did a spectacular job. You have my undying and enthusiastic support to do it again next year!

wudnhed

Andrew, I think you did a great job getting all those donations for prizes, actually a spectacular job, applauds! Honestly for the amount of entries and the number of contest, I don't think you need more next year, JMHO.

Ed and Dawn, I want to thank you again for taking over for me. The end of Jan. and all of Feb. have been quite a month for me. A new preemie granddaughter Jan. 29th and 10 days of fair with 4 granddaughters having animals has been enough for me. I babysat so much this last month........I thought they were my own kids:befuddled:! In fact, the last day of the fair I had a few of these:beer:!!!!!!!! Anyway, thanks again Ed and Dawn!!!!!!!

On another note, I have been searching the bash to find out where I'm to send my box of blanks and can't find the winner. Can anyone direct me?

Looking over the bash from time to time, it looks like everyone had a grand ol' time and I wish I had been part of it this year. I'll be looking forward to next year. You all did a great job, :good:

Last edited:
Top Bottom