Multiple contests for one pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ed McDonnell

I've been asked if the same pen can be entered in both the Russ Fairfield and the Intermediate contests. Has this type of question been addressed in the rules anywhere? If so, I would appreciate someone pointing me there. If not, who makes the call?

Thanks

Ed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

The call is pretty much yours to makes. Rule interpretations like these generally fall to the contest chairs. I sent him a reply a little while ago saying pretty much the same as you did.

Its definitely something that should be addressed directly in next years rules so there's no grey area.

Buzzzz4

I've been asked as well and responded that it is one pen to one contest. I thought that was the way it was handled in the past.

Ed McDonnell

Jonathon - I saw your message to him after posting here. Sounds like we are on the same page.

Eric - Thanks for the reply. I'm going with one contest per pen.

Ed

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Time to write a rule then.
I believe it needs to be 1 pen one contest. Shall we vote on it?

Brooks803

I think we're all in agreement on the matter.

Unless a mod wants to add the rule to my contests first post (rules post) I think it'll just get lost in the comments

toddlajoie

My vote is for 1 Pen, 1 Contest. I've always considered that this was part of the rules.

Another aspect that you MAY consider, I don't care either way, especially if it causes confusion, would be is this limited to the Pen MAKING contests only? So if I do a Fantastic Modified Slimline ALA Russ Fairfield, I could enter it in EITHER the Russ contest, OR the Modified contest, but not both, but could I submit a Photo of this same pen to the Pen Marketing Photo contest?

I'm fine with it either way, just want to be sure that we're thinking from all angles...

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
It might be nice to have a written rule or policy. I think using it a picture of a pen entered in one contest and the picture of the same pen entered in another non pen making contest would be ok.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
It has always been one pen, one contest. It's beginning to look like we need a Birthday Bash Standard Operating Procedures Manual complete with Directives, Rules of Order and an occasional Informational Bulletin.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
With the occasional turnover and new volunteers coming on board some things would be good to have in writing.
:biggrin: Im thinking under 5000 pages including addendums with simple majority vote and refreshments!:eek:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Maybe we could wear white powdered wigs , red robes with gold trim, and sport a monocle! We would be considered very wise ....................or incredibly stupid.

Thinking about it a bit more. The rules do say the pen can't be shown before the contest. After the first contest ends people will know who made it. Also a pen that fits well in one contest probably won't fit well in another and not win.

Sent from my phone using some program

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I believe the only real chance of double winning could be a pen entered in the casting contests and entered again in the intermediate.

Top Bottom