Multi-Function Display Case

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ribanett

ribanett

After looking at all the display cases I could find (and buying a few of them), and being dissatisfied with most of them, I built my own. What I need is a case that can be used for both transport and display and will hold both thin and thick pens.

This case holds 98 pens and is made with lift-off hinges so I can separate the two halves for display purposes. I offset the channels in the top and bottom so when the case is closed, the pens are between each other (this allows both thick and thin pens to be in the case without excessive height)

About 85% of what I turn is acrylic (that’s the market here on the Gulf Coast) so the fear of a ruined finish because of the elastic bands is moot.

When I am using it as a display case, I pull the pens from under the elastic bands and put them on top, so people will pick them up.

These cases have eliminated the need for transferring pens from transport cases to display cases (one less thing to carry to a show) plus the time it takes to transfer them twice.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ribanett

Vern: The inserts I make, could not find anything with the offsets I need. If you would like me to make a couple of them for you PM me

Top Bottom