Mug Misery

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I just have to vent.

I have 140 mugs here with the wrong logo. :crying:

I have the email chain that unquestionably shows it's the company's fault. The did not use the final artwork file I sent them, which had a small change from the one they used to quote the job.

Not sure what's next. Hopefully they can turn out replacements pretty fast.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
What, if I may ask, is the difference between what you have and what you want? I understand the frustration and I would expect them to make it right. But as Andrew says, unless the are hidiously ugly these can probably be used.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Top is what we have.
Bottom is what we wanted.
The IAP logo is centered on the bottom one.

IAP-Logo-Error.jpg

I know it's a small difference, but it's not balanced.

Depending on what the company offers to do, we may go with them. Everyone I've shown them to say they are fine as-is.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Chalk up one more vote for "fine-as is", Jeff!!!

You have a lot of time and heart and soul in the mug. Those of us who DON'T have that investment will never notice the difference. Call it "artistic" and go with it.

(I know, you're a detail-oriented IT guy, but humor the marketing guy on this one, please!! Save yourself the heartburn!!)

PR_Princess

Another vote for fine as it is!

But......
See if the company will give you something off on the bill. Might work out better than doing them over...from both perspectives!

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I think had you not mentioned it 99.99% would not have known. That being said, the company owes you a discount for not doing as it was requested. That would be far better for them than you requiring them to replace them. IMO

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
OK, I've accepted a 10% discount on the next order, as well as credit for the artwork setup fee. I'm satisfied. Thanks for your opinions!

Top Bottom