Mr. Anonymous Game #54 @ 27/07/2018

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi peoples,

Well, I've thought to use this game to check up on your wood identification skills of my woods, nothing too complicated, I hope...!:biggrin:

OK so, the wood on the shown pic was cut for stabilisation purposes and while all pieces belong to the same block, the chunk was cut from a large tree crotch so,

019.JPG

The question is;

What wood species/number is it...?

PS: And yes, those 2 pieces on the right are "yummy"...!:wink::biggrin:

I would like to remind you all of the new conditions I introduced in game #32 and that is what actually the gift voucher amount will be spent on, and allow the actual winners to make their own choices. The only RULE that I ask you all to respect is that I allow each 1/3 of the value amount (AU$100.00) to be used for the selection of blanks/packs between the 3 main blanks types I make/sell, there is, raw/natural wood blanks, stabilized blanks/packs and Resifills (cast blanks), this means basically that you can select 1/3 of each type or all raw/natural blanks but never the voucher amount of all stabilized or Resifill blanks, I hope this has come clear if not, let me know...!

A voucher code will be sent by PM or email to the winner that will use it to put his/her's order, any freight/shipping is not included in the prize/voucher so, you will be requested at checkout to pay for posting.

Good luck...!

Cheers
George

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

#497 - The Common Wollemi Pine hiding Behind George's "Shed."

(No, I'm not playing, just wanted to poke you!!! :tongue:).

Be well Mate.

WollemiPine.com - the official home of the Wollemi Pine.

Hahaha, it took me 12 years to get to number 98 on my timbers list getting to 497 has to wait until I die and come back as a rich wood merchant...!:eek::biggrin:

As for the Wollemi Pine, I should remind you that this tree species is very protected and part of the endangered tree species so, I wouldn't touch it, not worth it...!:)

Yes, OK, you pocked me...!:wink:

Cheers
George

edicehouse

Dehn0045

Last edited:

robutacion

Well, I can see that many of you folks went straight to "red" woods and that is quite expected/predicted but I have to ask, are you sure...?:)

Cheers
George

If we were sure, it wouldn't be much of a contest...

Haha, too funny...!:)

George

I PMed you a picture of the tree that came from. Since you said it came from a crotch....

You little devil...!:eek:

George

CREID

Where do I find post #17?

17th comment in this thread:

Click here: http://www.penturners.org/forum/f217/mr-anonymous-game-54-@-27-07-2018-a-155811/#post1988157

Or here is the quote:

Did you noticed that I said, "identification of my woods"...?

Great guess but not correct, sorry..!

Cheers
George
My bad, I thought he was talking about a previous contest.:biggrin::snail:

robutacion

Where do I find post #17?

17th comment in this thread:

Click here: http://www.penturners.org/forum/f217/mr-anonymous-game-54-@-27-07-2018-a-155811/#post1988157

Or here is the quote:

Did you noticed that I said, "identification of my woods"...?

Great guess but not correct, sorry..!

Cheers
George
My bad, I thought he was talking about a previous contest.:biggrin::snail:

Haha, should I call it a "senior" moment...?:biggrin:

Cheers
George

robutacion

And the winner is...?

Well, folks, it seems that everybody was pretty firm with their guesses so, I'm left with no choice than to announce the winner of this game and yes lyonsacc you were correct, it was indeed the #87 Australian Red Ironbark so, congrats mate you have won the AU$100.00 gift voucher.:biggrin:

I had a look to see if I had any good pics of the Red Ironwood log this wood was cut from but it doesn't seem that I found any that I feel good enough so, I leave you with some other pieces (long knife scales) that I stabilised some time ago all from the same original chunk I cut from that log crotch, the wood effects I saw when I was slicing them was what convinced me to stabilise them for knife handles, I haven't listed them yet...!:)

Once again, thank you all that participated, most appreciated...!

As for the winner, a PM will be forwards with the voucher code to be used within 90 days.

Cheers
George

robutacion

Yeah, aren't you a lucky fella...?:biggrin:

Bytheway, I just realised that I mentioned the knife scales I stabilised from the same wood chunk but I endup forgetting to attach the pics so, sorry...!

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 160
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 164
  • 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 181