MPG - thanks, everyone for another great experience!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

What a great weekend in Chicago. Got to hang out with people that share penmaking hobbies and businesses and see lots of old and new friends.

Mark, John, Donna and all of the volunteers - a huge thank you for curating and expanding the Gathering! It's come a long way from the Parks and Rec building in Urbana.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KMCloonan

I was only able to attend on Friday due to previous commitments. But I had a blast! Great Demos, great door prizes, excellent vendors - outstanding event. Thanks to everyone who helped make it happen.

Twist&Click

I totally agree. This was my second MPG and my wife came with me this year. Even though she does not turn, she said we are definitely going next year.
The evening with Dick Sing was simply phenomenal. I feel sorry for anyone who did not attend. We would have happily sat and listened to him all night.
To be surrounded by 300 people that share the same interests and vendors that go out of their way to help you is very inspiring.

Racer3770

We love coming to MPG! Shoutout to Donna, Mark, John, Ed, and all the Chicago volunteers! We backed the truck up to the door and our whole stock was unloaded in less than three minutes. No exaggeration.

I had a chance to sneak in and watch the bowl turning demo from Christy and learned a lot. We picked up all kinds of a haul from the other vendors there!

Thanks to everyone that stopped by our booth to check out some pen blanks. I really enjoyed all the pens you brought made from our blanks! Thank you!

woodwzrd

This was the fourth year that my son and I attended and as always it was a great time. As has already been said, the demos were great, the Vendors are always fantastic and the comradery it wonderful. We met some fellow IAP members this year that we have not met in the past but not nearly enough. I didn't put it on my survey as a suggestion but I think it would be great to have an IAP members meet and great event next year just to be able to put a name or username with a face and meet more of the members.

@mg_dreyer and @JohnU and the rest of your crew, Thank you for organizing and hosting another great event!!

bugradx2

I agree, what a great event! I had a blast attending and look forward to next year.

It was a lot of fun to see some of the IAP members I already know and get to meet some who I've interacted with on here too.

Thanks to Mark, Donna, John, Sarah, Kim and Ed!

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I'll add my thanks to the organizers, sponsors, vendors, and everyone who attended. I had a great time, and Team MPG has achieved a level of success that exceeds many of the professional conferences I've attended over the years. I enjoyed seeing old pals and making new friends!

JohnU

Thanks for all of the kind words. So many people step up to volunteer in planning, help with behind the scene needs, set ups, tare downs, and operational needs, that leaves me proud to be a part of it. It's always great to say "another successful MPG is in the books!" I was a great time and always leaves me a little saddened when over... and in dire need of sleep just to think straight but totally worth it. (lol) A Huge thank you to everyone who made the vendor room a huge success, the demonstrators sharing their knowledge, the donors of all the great prizes, and all of you who joined in and made it fun. Just having time to hang out and visit with everyone makes my trip worth while, and it's always nice to see and meet new attendees joining the MPG family. Thank you all and I hope to see you again next year!

egnald

I am adding my Kudos to the organizers and volunteers. This was my first MPG or any kind of turning related gathering. I only wish I could have personally met and visited with more of my fellow IAP members that were there. I was also surprised at how few hands went up when the session attendees were asked if they were members of IAP. I was also amazed at how spectacular the pens and blanks I saw at the show were in real-life compared with the photos I have seen of them online. The photos certainly do not do justice to the real thing. - Dave

Top Bottom