In continuing my playing with natural materials, as well as improving my method for making silver parts, specifically tricky ones like caps, here is another buffalo horn/silver pen. This time I used a cream/black pattern blank, with black acrylic for the threaded parts. The cap is improved, as the clip is removable rather than soldered on, and has a screw-on finial to hold the entire cap together without adhesive. The cap was cast from wax sheet, which I wrapped around an aluminum mandrel I made, which essentially mirrored the curvature I wanted the cap to have. This helped me keep the weight and waste to a minimum. The cap has an acrylic liner in it, in which the cap threads are cut into. The barrel is built around an acrylic liner. The threads are 12.5x3mm triple start.