Moray Laser Engraver from Rockler - questions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MTViper

Has anyone had any experience with the Moral Ready2Laser Desktop Laser Engraver? I saw one at Rocker last week and am intrigued. I'd been looking at the larger ones but wasn't willing to pay the price. This one's what I'd consider reasonably priced for what it does. I'm looking for something that will do more than pens.

Here's the link: https://www.rockler.com/moray-ready-2-laser-desktop-laser-system

It's new enough that there are no reviews on it on the Rockler site.

Thanks Steve

duncsuss

It's a 7W laser, which is seriously underpowered unless all you want to do is draw a pattern on a soft material. (I guess it could cut paper and veneer, but not much beyond that.)

It does not appear to have a rotary attachment so it is likely restricted to flat work (not pens, bottle stoppers, tool handles, etc.)

My opionion - I think it's way over-priced and under-functional.

bsshog40

The Neje3500 master is only a 3.5w laser. It engraves wood with no problems at all. So unless the 7w laser on the Moral is very poor, a 7w laser will engrave very well on wood with no problems. The larger work area wood be nice also but I don't think it justifies the price for me. The Neje3500 will only engrave up to 6" but that's fine for what I use it for. It costs about $150.

Top Bottom