Mont blanc style bushings?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

dubdrvrkev

The bushings that come with the CSUSA (or Woodcraft) mandrel are marked as Mont Blanc style. What pens do they work with? Seem like a euro but I dont have calipers so I cant measure precisely. I now have two sets that get used for spacers, and would like to find out if they are a match to any kits, but I don't find any kits that say they take those bushings?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
If I had to venture a guess, I would say probably this kit
http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cgi-bin/shopper?preadd=action&key=050-4102
050-4102.jpg

CSU only offers a 7mm Euro kit that takes the Cross refill...
Berea offers a full size Euro that takes the Parker refill but uses the B Mandrell and a set of 3B bushings...

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by dubdrvrkev
<br />The bushings that come with the CSUSA (or Woodcraft) mandrel are marked as Mont Blanc style. What pens do they work with? Seem like a euro but I dont have calipers so I cant measure precisely.A mont blanc would be a "euro" but what size tubes are they for?I have euros in 7 &8mm. I now have two sets that get used for spacers, and would like to find out if they are a match to any kits, but I don't find any kits that say they take those bushings?I believe at one time WC called their Euro a Mont Blanc as I recall an employee using the two terms interchangeably.
Originally posted by dubdrvrkev
<br />The bushings that come with the CSUSA (or Woodcraft) mandrel are marked as Mont Blanc style. What pens do they work with?
Anything if you are creative enough.
Is the reason you put woodcraft in quotes because you are not sure where you got it? It would seem that you need to know which supplier you got it from.I bought an adjustable mandrel from WC and didn't receive any bushings.I am not surprised, WC doesn't give anything away and usually charges dearly for what they sell.(Navigator versus Baron) Seem like a euro but I dont have calipers so I cant measure precisely.
A digital caliper can be had from Harbor Freight for $15.00 when they go on sale. I now have two sets that get used for spacers, and would like to find out if they are a match to any kits, but I don't find any kits that say they take those bushings?
Bushings are a disposable item.If you find a style of pen that fits them after selecting the components to a pen then you will have extra bushings.The odds that you will find a particular pen component set to match with a set of bushings is relatively slim when you consider how many suppliers, styles, and the fact that It may even be an old set of bushings whose pen may have been discontinued.
If you feel the need, keep trying different stlyes and check against your "free" bushings.
It would be different if you knew you bought the bushings and components at the same time but are not sure which pen they go to.
[blue]Mont Blanc is a trade marked or copywrite name I believe which is why some suppliers have gone generic with "Euro" as opposed to "American" rather than using "Parker"
I don't know how many pens you decide to make of that style,But for the cost of a set of bushings,It would make more sense to get the components at the same time,continue to use what you have as spcers( or put them in a place that you will forget in the event you find a pen that matches them.
(you can never have too many bushings, but being short one is a pain.that's when I get my magnet out and "sweep" the floor)

dubdrvrkev

Actually, I named woodcraft because that is where I bought my first mandrel and CS is where I got my second and they are the same mandrel and came with the same bushings. Both came with a 7mm set and a set of the "Mont Blanc Style".
I normally buy my bushings when I buy a new kit but I have WC euro and PSI designer and now the two sets of mont blanc, all for a style I don't make very often. Maybe I should make some more.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Kevin, I find the Euro style pens to be a good seller for me.. but not the Cross ones.. only the Parker refill style.. if you look at both side by side, the Round Top Euro from Berea just has a nicer look and hand feel.. I have a couple of 7mm Euros in my display, but when people pick both pens up they always buy the Parker Euro, even though I have the 7mm priced lower...
It is an especially good seller for me in BOW, Purpleheart and Bloodwood.. women love the pen..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom