Mojopac Software -

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

dfurlano

This is real off topic but...

Mojopac is a software app that allows you to use any USB2 storage device to take your applications, settings and data with you and run on ANY PC.

I have used this for a while and I am totally amazed by the use of this app. I have an Ipod that I have loaded software programs on that I can use at home via a USB2 port. Then when I am on the road just plug it into my work laptop and continue working without loading anything on the laptop!

There is an introductory price of 29.95 and 3 for 14.95 for that kind of money this is a real bargain.

BTW: I am not associated with Mojopac and receive nothing if you buy from them.

Check it out: https://mojopac.com/portal/content/hellomojo.jsp

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Sorry to disappoint, but you don't need any special software to load programs or files onto your iPod. This goes for just about any type of USB drive available.

Plug in your iPod as you would if you where uploading songs, then click on "My Computer". You will see your iPod listed. Click on the iPod "drive" and create a directory. Now you can load any type of file you please into that directory. I've been doing this for years with out any 3rd party software and without any problems.

dfurlano

No you missed the point. This INSTALLS programs on a USB2 device and then you can RUN the app from the device on ANY other system without installing anything on the host PC.

As an example you can install Microsoft Office on a USB2 hard drive and then run it on any PC by just plugging in the hard drive. Nothing gets installed on the PC! The only requirement is that the host PC is running Windows XP.

TBone

I need to load this and then borrow a computer with photoshop [:D] Can't imagine MS is too happy about this type of software, but I can see where it would be tremendously useful. Particularly with different versions of things like Access

Interesting...

Most programs today need to write to the registry to verify proper installation/activation.

I know if I install new app and use the iPod "drive" it will only run on the PC that it was originally installed on.

I wonder how thay get around that.

dfurlano

I have no idea but thats what I like about using this program.

When I am traveling I would like to take free time to do non work related projects but I do not want to install anything personal on my work laptop. This way I put my personal app and data on my Ipod and just plug it into the laptop and work away. Don't have to worry about the latest file either because I carry the app and data together.

wags54

I'm like Ron in Drums---scratching my head wondering how they get around the entries that need written to the registry. Jst when you think you have things figured out!!! LOL

dfurlano

You are using the host as a dumb terminal so there is no reason to make any registry changes. I am assuming it is similar to running an app over the internet.

vick

Very interesting
http://www.smallbusinesscomputing.com/biztools/article.php/3642111
As far as I can tell it sounds like they are doing kind of a combo betwean a windows emulator and a virtual machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom