Mixing cups

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

johnnycnc

I pitch the sticky little devils
in the trash as soon as possible.;)
..tried to clean a few,what a yummy job.
But I use the 1 oz,so throw-away vs cleaning..

Firefyter-emt

Mixing cups for size is easy, I want something that I can toss in the trash can when I am done, but will not melt from the PR. I "could" use the paint mixing cups that are kind disposable, plenty of space and they are only $.89 each, but still a little pricy. I want to check into smaller cups that may be cheaper to buy.

alamocdc

I've recently taken to using large pill bottles (like vitamins come in) with the tops cut off. I leave them propped upside down to drain and the rest peels right out. I use a measuring cup to mark ounces on the bottle.

Firefyter-emt

FWIW, I picked up some hard plastic 12ox cups in an 8 pack at the dollar store and 8oz is dead to the top of frostys hat. These work fine and cheap enough to now worry about the cost.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I use Alumilite resin as you are probably aware. With Alumilite I do not have to worry about what cups because it does not dissolve the regular plastic silo cups. That said, I usually mix and pour 19 ounces at a time and therefore need a large cup. I use the mix and measure cups from the paint section at Lowes. I use a spatula to get most of the resin into my mold and then I rinse the cup out with Acetone. I pour some in, swirl it around real well, and then pour it out. I then pour a little more in and use a paper towel to wipe it all clean. Works great and is not a mess at all. Here again, this is Alumilite, though so I am not sure how PR would work out.

Firefyter-emt

I might give it a shot the next time I mix. I have the 1qt cups that you mention and if the acetone cleans it out easy enough I might sratr to use them. I can get them local for $.78 each, so if I have to toss it out I am not super worried.

Top Bottom