Miter Gauge for 10" Jet Bandsaw JWB-10

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JackNapalm

I have the 10" Jet bandsaw and am looking for a better miter gauge. It has a 1/2" slot and seems everything I find is 3/4". Anyone find a replacement miter gauge for theirs?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Have to ask what is wrong with the one you have. I looked at the photos of that saw and that looks like a fine miter gauge. What do you not like about it? A bandsaw is not an accurate saw to do precision work on especially a 10". If you are looking for more accuracy I suggest you build a sled. You can then add stop blocks, hold down clamps and all kinds of neat things. Very easy to do.
Woodcraft has the one for Rikon.

Last edited:

JackNapalm

Have to ask what is wrong with the one you have. I looked at the photos of that saw and that looks like a fine miter gauge. What do you not like about it? A bandsaw is not an accurate saw to do precision work on especially a 10". If you are looking for more accuracy I suggest you build a sled. You can then add stop blocks, hold down clamps and all kinds of neat things. Very easy to do.
Woodcraft has the one for Rikon.
On the surface I don't disagree. I am looking for something that isn't plastic. The body is plastic and I would like to be able to put a hole through it that I can mount jigs too. I may get a second plastic one and try it.

JackNapalm

I just bought a Rikon 10-3061 and need a miter gauge. Per Rikon this is the model you need to get - https://www.rikontools.com/product/13-920. I don't a vendor yet but will be shopping for one today.
Call Lee Valley or any Rikon seller and see if they can tell you what the slot width is in their 10" bandsaw. If it is the same the Rikon one should work. https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/sho...r-rikon-10-inch-benchtop-bandsaw?item=03J7364 (That is the Canadian price).

Thank you both. After looking closer at it this looks like what I am looking for. Probably hit up my local Woodcraft this weekend.

henry1164

Thank you both. After looking closer at it this looks like what I am looking for. Probably hit up my local Woodcraft this weekend.
Good news and bad news.....just came back from my local Woodcraft store and they are not in stock. Have to order on-line and the shipping date is late March due to low inventory! BUT, they are a good source. Good Luck.

Top Bottom