MINI PEN-CHEST

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wood-of-1kind

Status
Not open for further replies.

wood-of-1kind

As a follow up to my previously posted larger pen chest (holds 60 pens), I now present the "mini-me" little brother pen chest. This solid beech version holds a mere 48 pens but it's footprint is less than half the size of the larger chest. Both sides of this chest have built in compartments that proudly display any pen creation regardless of size. The lexan side panels lift out for easy insertion/removal of pens. Each of the seven (7) trays safely store a full compliment of six pens.

Once again, I built this chest without plans. I create as I go along and improvise once I have an idea in my mind. Call it my poor man's version of a simple CAD program. Hope that it inspires ideas for others and as always I hope that you enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed puttering it together.
-Peter-:)
2007824231412_no1a.jpg

Mini-me pen chest.

2007824231448_no2.jpg

Front view.

2007824231545_no4.jpg

Top view.

2007824231623_P1010005.jpg

Tray detail.

2007824231647_P1010009.jpg

Notice the side lexan panel display that holds three pens.

2007824231742_lilbro.jpg

Side by side comparison of small and large pen chests.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

les-smith

Super nice. I think it should make the Featured Photo. You have really got some excellent skills.

fstepanski

Great quality, very nice looking chests.. Like the mini side display feature you built in, very insightful! Do you build from plans or just kinda wing it?

great12b4ever

Peter, that is one awesome pair of ben chests. The only question now is which one is being sent to me?[:D][:D][:D]

Really great work, I may have to borrow your ideas if you don't mind.

Rob

IPD_Mrs

Just an update on the chest above:

The five they had on a buy it now sold out by this morning. The one they had on auction style listing sold for $217.50. When they list more I will post the listing on here for those who PMed me about the listing, that is once I get one of my own this time. [:p]

thewishman

I couldn't find it on ebay - do you have a link?

Peter, your pen chests are beautiful! Very nice craftsmanship and appealing designs. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Chris

johnnycnc

The pen chest you built is great,Peter!
I really like it and the larger one as well.[:)]
I have got to try one of these myself;
Thanks for the inspiration and sharing.

workinforwood

Those are great looking chests Peter. I like the 89 dollar one that sold out too, but I don't understand the hinges being on the front of it, especially when they are an exposed hinge. I don't know that I'd ever have that many pens, but if so, I'd deffinitely go with the build my own too.

wood-of-1kind

Originally posted by workinforwood
<br />Those are great looking chests Peter. I like the 89 dollar one that sold out too, but I don't understand the hinges being on the front of it, especially when they are an exposed hinge.

The $89 chest is a good design/value for the money. But be aware that it is NOT made out wood. I believe that it is pressed particleboard with a "paper" topskin. The hinges are at the front so that an additional six pens can be displayed(behind glass) on the side that the hinges rest on.
-Peter-[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom