mica powders

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Ed I am looking for mica powders for Silmar resin basically blues, reds, and green in various shades. I started putting PearlX in cart but but you do not have many of the colors I ask. Am I missing them. You say you have hundreds of colors. Need some help. thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

You can find cosmetic mica powders on eBay or Etsy in numerous colors and they are usually relatively cheap.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
At present we are looking for a source. With the problems and rising costs in shipping, our past sources are no longer competitive. That is why the colors are somewhat depleted.

Sorry for the inconvenience--

jttheclockman

At present we are looking for a source. With the problems and rising costs in shipping, our past sources are no longer competitive. That is why the colors are somewhat depleted.

Sorry for the inconvenience--
Thanks ordered what I could but will look for another source for the rest.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
The pigments we have been selling at $4.19 are available from Amazon. Prices range in the $7 to $9 range.

We are trying to avoid raising our prices to that level. Additionally, Jacquard in California is not producing as much due to the virus, so we cannot get every color. Some is supposed to be delivered in the next two weeks--I will believe it when it arrives (which is how I feel about ALL suppliers, no offense meant to any of them).

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
You can find cosmetic mica powders on eBay or Etsy in numerous colors and they are usually relatively cheap.

The listings I can find are NOT Jacquard Pearl-Ex.

So, would we be better advised to buy in bulk from China and sell "generics" as these Ebay sellers are doing??

We are certainly open to your preferences!!

jttheclockman

THANK YOU!!!! We appreciate the business.

If we can serve your needs equally well with generic product, life becomes a good deal simpler for us!!! Please advise!!!
Ed I have been using PearlX from the very first time I started casting over 12 years ago so I know nothing else. That is the reason I posted the question. I just need more variations in Blue, Reds, Greens. That are the main colors I strive for. I believe I have some jars somewhere here but can not find them and with my bad back right now I can not go lifting these containers to look through so I was looking to just order new stuff. This stuff never goes bad. Hope you can work things out and yes deliveries will all be suspect from here on out for the unforseen future. May the Good Lord be with us all as we go through this.

Top Bottom