Mica/Dye tint for CA?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WoodaCoulda

The question is about finishing but not on pens. Any luck with this? I'm interested in doing colored a CA finish for the sides of bentwood rings…I'd like to hide the layer transition from one wood to the next in rings with contrasting liners (dark outer/light inner). I'm going to try black/brown from Starbond but wanted to know if anyone has had some experience with CA tinting. As always, thanks big time because this is the place to go to get some knowledge dropped. 🙂🪵💍

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jrista

I've tried tinting a variety of CA glues with a variety of things, so far no luck. The only tinted CA glues I've found that work are those you buy off the shelf with a tint. CA seems to catalyze with pretty much everything I've tried, including solid and mica pigments, mixol, etc.

WoodaCoulda

I've tried tinting a variety of CA glues with a variety of things, so far no luck. The only tinted CA glues I've found that work are those you buy off the shelf with a tint. CA seems to catalyze with pretty much everything I've tried, including solid and mica pigments, mixol, etc.
Yeah, that's what I figured. Let's start our own "Rainbow CA" company! I'll hire the chemists and you pay for them. 🤣🤣🤣

Top Bottom