Membership Count

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
At this moment, we've had 42125 members join since 1/1/2004. The ~12000 difference is due to the regular pruning of members for various reasons such as never completing the registration process, not visiting for years (deleted only if they have never posted), etc. But the majority of those 12000 are spambot registrations. You never see them because they never completed email verification, or they're caught by the spam wolves if they make it past the alligator moat. (We actually get about 50000 spambot registration attempts per year, but we have some software that never lets them get through the registration process.)

Probably more than you wanted to know :cool:

Charlie_W

At this moment, we've had 42125 members join since 1/1/2004. The ~12000 difference is due to the regular pruning of members for various reasons such as never completing the registration process, not visiting for years (deleted only if they have never posted), etc. But the majority of those 12000 are spambot registrations. You never see them because they never complet email verification, or they're caught by the spam wolves if they make it past the alligator moat. (We actually get about 50000 spambot registration attempts per year, but we have some software that never lets them get through the registration process.)

Probably more than you wanted to know :cool:

Jeff,
Thanks for the stats and all you do to keep this forum clean from spammers!

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I like spam, you should let some in. The best way is sliced thin then dipped in an egg and milk mix, then dredged in flour and fried up in butter...I can almost feel my arteries hardening just thinking about it.....lol

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I plan to hold a drawing for our "symbolic" 30,000th member, similar to what we did when the count reached 25,000 a while back. It will probably be a second New Member Introduction drawing for the month the counter ticks over 30,000.

Many people who join never make a single post, not even an Introduction. This will at least award that symbolic prize to someone who expresses an interest in participating in the organization.

Top Bottom