Meeting in March or April

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

td

Banned
Okay, just got the weather report. I'm going to stop offering to bring ice cream. There's a cold front moving in and Witchita Falls may have snow. Don may have to abandon us again. Wait, doesn't that mean we all get snake skin blanks?

Seriously though it's been warm, warmer and downright steamy.... now a possible snow day. I'll bring ice cream when it's warm and we can all enjoy it. But I'll still bring a big batch of guacamole. What else goes well with hot dogs and guac? Choc. chip cookies? Will that do?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lwalden

Dang. Looks like I've got a work related conflict with tomorrow's get together. If things go REAL smoothly in the morning I may be there lunchtimeish, but it's not looking very good.........

brez

Okay, just got the weather report. I'm going to stop offering to bring ice cream. There's a cold front moving in and Witchita Falls may have snow. Don may have to abandon us again. Wait, doesn't that mean we all get snake skin blanks?

Seriously though it's been warm, warmer and downright steamy.... now a possible snow day. I'll bring ice cream when it's warm and we can all enjoy it. But I'll still bring a big batch of guacamole. What else goes well with hot dogs and guac? Choc. chip cookies? Will that do?

Don't let the weather concern you, we will have plenty of room inside and heated. Chocalte chip cookies are always good.

Thanks
Mike

brez

Dang. Looks like I've got a work related conflict with tomorrow's get together. If things go REAL smoothly in the morning I may be there lunchtimeish, but it's not looking very good.........

Lyle,

Let's hope for the best. With the demos we have planned we should be going strong until 2:00 or 3:00.

Thanks
Mike

brez

Okay, one final reminder. Tomorrow is the next get together for the North Texas Chapter. If you have not received directions send me an email and I'll get them to you. We will have plenty of food and plenty of room so even if you have not indicated you will be coming, feel free to jump in the car and stop by.

Rember to bring a couple of blanks to participate in the blank exchange. And bring anything else you would like to show off, seel or swap.

Thanks
Mike

brez

Okay, one final reminder. Tomorrow is the next get-together for the North Texas Chapter. If you have not received directions, send me an email and I'll get them to you. We will have plenty of food and plenty of room so, even if you have not indicated you will be coming, feel free to jump in the car and stop by.

Rember to bring a couple of blanks to participate in the blank exchange. And bring anything else you would like to show off, sell or swap.

Thanks
Mike

rlofton

Since Lyle won't be able attend until later in the day, I will bring chips, donuts, and kolaches. Let me know if you have any special requests.

rlofton

Hear you folks had a great time! Sorry I didn't make it folks. Driving past Denton when the wifey called saying the heater wasn't working and she didn't know what to do. The mid 60's are unbearable to her. I told her to go upstairs where the other system is working and I would take care of it when I got home.

To make a long story short, I was back home in about 30 minutes. You married folks know what I am talking about. It's fixed now so hopefully there will be no more unnecessary interruptions.

td

Banned
Hey Everybody!

One of my friends here on the IAP said it sounds like we have more fun at our meetings than they do, and I think I agree with him. They're meeting at a WoodCraft store and only have about 1 1/2 hours. I know we are really spread out here in North Texas but bringing food and having more time to talk with everyone makes me really set aside that day just for the meeting. Especially since it's only every other month right now. It's so much more personal meeting at our respective shops and even though mine's not nearly as impressive as others (couldn't even hold a candle) I would still enjoy having everyone out to my house for a get together. It will be mostly outside but I have a large covered patio with 2 ceiling fans and a gas grill. It will probably be July before I'll be ready to host so we'll need someplace for May.....

Thanks so much to Mike and his family for hosting us this month. It was fun, food was great, I learned a few things, made some new friends, got to talk to some old friends.... all around an A+++ day.

We really did miss those of you who didn't get to make it. Rudy, I was planning on putting chocolate sprinkles on a kolache! Take care all and we'll see you next time around!

:bye:

its_virgil

I must agree that the meeting was a great time. We had fun visiting, eating, watching a few demos, eating more, and talking and eating. I really enjoy meeting those with whom I visit here on IAP. Thanks to all who attended and demoed to make the day worth the effort.

Thanks also to Mike for opening his home and shop and providing the brats and hotdogs. Thanks to the others who brought the rest of the food and drinks. We traded blanks and even had a couple of door prizes. Mostangrypirate is now the maddest-pirate-ever but we all know how he feels getting the cigar blanks switched.

I look forward to the next meeting.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Top Bottom