Meeting for June

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

byounghusband

All,
After John Driscoll's Memorial Service and Irish Wake, several of us came to the conclusion that we needed a June N. Tex IAP get together. We spoke wih Sherry and she agreed that this meeting take place at their house/shop.

I know this is short notice, but the days to choose from are 6/13 and 6/20. We had figured that the best was 6/20.

Who wants to do this one and do we have anyone who wants to do demos? C'mon all, chime in!!

Thanks!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lwalden

Apologies to those who can't make the 20th, but I visited with Sherry this morning and the 20th is going to be it. There's still some softdrinks and beer left over from the wake last weekend (though not a drop of the 10 gallons of margarita we made up for the machine, and we went through 6 gallons of rum punch as well). We'll get some updated info out on hours and get a list going for foodstuffs folks might volunteer to bring, as well. Early indications were that Frank hopes to provide a demonstration on segmented bowl turning. I'll have a pretty decent selection of JohnnyCNC's bushings there for those who want to get a better idea of what turning between centers (no mandrel) is like. Several of the folks that had been working with John on the experiments with casting and stabilizing will be in attendance, so should be lots of good information to share.

byounghusband

All,
Sorry, I dropped out of site for a couple days, but I was about 140 miles out in the Gulf pulling in Yellowfin Tuna and the like...... :bananen_smilies039: :bananen_smilies039: :bananen_smilies039: No cell phone or internet there. :rolleyes:

I'm so glad that this next meeting is going to be at their place. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it due to another commitment. I have spoken with Sherry already, as well as Lyle, who is the go to guy for this event. I wish I could be there. I WILL be at the next NTX IAP event!!

Apologies to those who can't make the 20th, but I visited with Sherry this morning and the 20th is going to be it. There's still some softdrinks and beer left over from the wake last weekend (though not a drop of the 10 gallons of margarita we made up for the machine, and we went through 6 gallons of rum punch as well). We'll get some updated info out on hours and get a list going for foodstuffs folks might volunteer to bring, as well. Early indications were that Frank hopes to provide a demonstration on segmented bowl turning. I'll have a pretty decent selection of JohnnyCNC's bushings there for those who want to get a better idea of what turning between centers (no mandrel) is like. Several of the folks that had been working with John on the experiments with casting and stabilizing will be in attendance, so should be lots of good information to share.

Texatdurango

I just spoke with Sherry who told me about the meeting. We're slowly heading back towards Texas and I should be back home by the 20th so I'll try and make it.

George

lwalden

Ok, folks, less than a week to go for our next get together. 10:00 will be the start time. I'd like to try and get a feel for who all anticipate attending, and if you plan on being there for lunch. I'll be bringing burgers, brats, and buns, and need to make sure I have enough without ending up with leftovers for the next two weeks. Please post confirming attendance and head count if you're bringing one or more reinforcements. Also if you think you can bring chips or a side for the get together, please post what you anticipate bringing. Thanks, and look forward to seeing y'all next Saturday!!!!

Attending from Casa Walden, Lyle and Nick. Bringing burgers, brats (not Nick!!), and buns.

traderdon55

When I attended the January meeting I came thinking it would be a one time thing due to the distance I had to travel. I came to that meeting to learn a little bit about how the chapters worked so that I could organize a local chapter closer to home. After attending that meeting I came back in March and really regret that I have a prior comitment and cannot attend this one. Even having to drive almost 200 miles each way to be there I hate to miss a meeting and hope to be able to attend the next one.

Texatdurango

Well, we made it back to good ole hot and sweaty Texas yesterday so put me on the definate list. I will drop by the local donut shop and pick up a box of goodies, and I too will be keeping an eye on how many plan on attending as I would HATE to buy too many donuts and have to eat them all myself!

I certainly hope Frank will attend as segmented bowl turning is on my short list of things to start doing!

George

rlofton

Thanks for taking over to coordinate this meeting, Lyle. I hope Nick is old enough to drive because I plan to bring some of the beverages we ran out of at John's wake (not the Margarita's, either). If he can't, I guess I'll have to consume them all myself.

George has taken my donut role so I'll bring chips. Let me know if anything else is needed. I look forward to seeing everyone there!

Rudy

SherryD

Hi, all! I am looking forward to having everyone here on Saturday! Lyle, I have the following updates for food: Two new/potential members are bringing food. Earl is bringing brisket and Bret is bringing a desert.

See you then!
Sherry D

gwd

i will try to make it
not sure if this is ok
i have a Turners Collet Chuck Set #2 MT
from woodcraft that i would like to trade for ?
money, wood, kits, gas ,gold, ?????

Top Bottom