Med Thank You Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MTViper

MTViper

Let me start off by saying that I have no affiliation with Tom at m4skinner on Etsy or with Ed at Exoticblanks other than a very satisfied customer.

A couple of weeks ago I started thinking about making a pen to give to my doctor and wanted something with a medical motif. I did not want the laser cut blanks from Lazerlinez, although they do a beautiful job. So I turned to Tom and asked if had anything like what i was looking for since I'd ordered lots of blanks from him and I was very happy with the quality and price. He didn't have anything but agreed to look around and see what he could come up with. A couple of days later he came back with some samples, one for doctors and one for nurses. We discussed background options, he made changes, and I ordered 5 of each. Less than a week later, I had them in my hand and they were so much better than even the picture showed.

In the meantime, I was thinking about what kit to put them on. They are sized for a Sierra style pen and after thinking just a little, I came up with the idea of putting them on the "Thank You For Your Service" kit from Exoticblanks. I'd used these as gifts before and I enjoyed turning them and the recipients enjoyed getting them. I had a few in stock so I started turning them on Monday of this week. I had 4 different platings in stock and that's what you see in the pictures. I'm attaching 3 shots - one that shows the 7 I've turned and a closer look of the Doctor and the Nurse pens.

Thanks Tom, Thanks Ed. I'm very happy with how these look together

Steve MED TY 01.jpgMED TY 03.jpgMED TY 04.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lucky2

Steve, this is very generous and kind of you to do, and I'm sure each recipient will greatly appreciate getting one. I hate to be negative, but, if you should decide to do something like this in the future, it would be best if you could use a click pen. I know from living with one, that twist pens are alright, click pens ROCK. It is hard for them to twist a pen, especially, when holding a chart or other item in their hands. Next to a click pen, they prefer to use a stick pen, ones similar to the Bic style of pens. Basically, they are looking for the easiest type of pen to use. When we we still married to each other, I made pens for each nurse and doctor in the emergency dept. They all thanked me, and they were very appreciative. And one of the doctors that I was good friends with, brought up the subject of pens while we were talking later on. He told me about which pens were the best style for their jobs, and when I mentioned it to my Ex-wife, she agreed. I won't go into details of the conversation we had afterwards, other then to say that it was a bit heated.

Len

Lucky2

Can you not just buy the blanks, and then match them up to a Sierra click pen? Another good thing a person could do, would be to somehow have the recipient's name on the pen. This is just me thinking, it's not something I expect you to do. But, in hospital's, pens have a habit of disappearing. And if you can't prove a pen is your's, you can't get one back. But if their name is on it, they generally have a habit of sticking around. I know that doing all of this to complete a pen, would make making them to expensive. So, this is just me thinking as I type. Take care, and stay safe.

Len

P.S. Oh yeah, and keep making beautiful pens, you are very good as doing so.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Can you not just buy the blanks, and then match them up to a Sierra click pen? Another good thing a person could do, would be to somehow have the recipient's name on the pen. This is just me thinking, it's not something I expect you to do. But, in hospital's, pens have a habit of disappearing. And if you can't prove a pen is your's, you can't get one back. But if their name is on it, they generally have a habit of sticking around. I know that doing all of this to complete a pen, would make making them to expensive. So, this is just me thinking as I type. Take care, and stay safe.

Len

P.S. Oh yeah, and keep making beautiful pens, you are very good as doing so.

The sierra click is not usually the same length as the twist, so be careful.

Great looking pens! Trust me, the recipients will be grateful.

Thanks Len, if the Thank You pen kit came in a click pen I'd consider it.

I agree 100%. I've made around 20 pens for the nurses and MA's at the clinics I work for (twist and RBs). Everybody loved them but down the road a little ways I started getting asked if I could make a click pen simply because it's a lot easier to use one handed.

MTViper

Thanks for the kind words all. I'm open to click pens if the right one comes along and if Tom can make the blanks longer to fit the click pens. I really like the new Sierra Super Button Click but I selected the Thank You kit specifically for the message. If Ed can turn it into a click pen that works as smoothly as the Super Button does, I'm in.

Top Bottom