May get small Scroll Saw ....which one

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

pete00

Howdy

did a search on scroll saws, hoping to find some reccomendations, but didnt find any.

So if i were to buy one (dont tell wife im looking) which one would you reccomend.....thanks...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

If Tom (Old Griz) doesn't respond, send him an E-mail. His stuff is pretty awesome, and I'm sure his saw (or recommended saw) would be a good choice.

old folks

Pete, I have the DeWalt 788 and I love it. You can insert the blade through the top of the piece you are cutting which is much easier than trying to insert it through the bottom.
You cannot go wrong with a DeWalt ! Here is a pic of a Elvis portrait I cut with my DeWalt

2006316204144_Elvis%202.jpg
<br />

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Nicely done piece John...

I have a DeWalt and have used it for over 5 yrs with no problems what so ever... I can't say a bad thing about it.... great saw..
However, if you are looking to save some money, I would recommend the Delta SS350. It is a great upper entry level saw that will do all you need... it has a great blade change system and will last for quite some time...

old folks

Originally posted by Old Griz
<br />Nicely done piece John...

I have a DeWalt and have used it for over 5 yrs with no problems what so ever... I can't say a bad thing about it.... great saw..
However, if you are looking to save some money, I would recommend the Delta SS350. It is a great upper entry level saw that will do all you need... it has a great blade change system and will last for quite some time...

Tom, I have the Delta SS 350 also but the DeWalt is a much easier saw for a beginner to use and in my humble opinion a better saw too.

pete00

Thanks for the info all.

Did a quick search on all the models to get pricing.
Got a tight budget, actually no budget for this but, found a delta SS350 for 100.00 from tyler tool. Mabey i can fanagle something....[}:)]

Woodbutcher68

I've been using the DeWalt 788 for 2 years now without a problem.
Check out the Scrollsaw Workshop forums for other opinions.
http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/index.php

alamocdc

Bill, I've had the same scroll saw for about 1 1/2 years now. It's not a great saw, but it does what I need. HF has a 16" VS on sale for the same price right now and it's probably just as good. Knowing what I lknow now, I'd have gotten the Dewalt.

I figure it isn't that great of a saw. I've never had a scroll saw and with this one (the craftsman) being closed out for $50 - I thought why not.

If I get attached to using a scroll saw I will get the dewalt in time.

What do you guys use your scroll saws for?

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom