Material Safety Data Sheets

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Neither the IAP nor I are representing that this information is accurate or reflects ALL CA glues, nor do will the IAP or I be held responsible for any inaccuracies. The data is compiled from several sources and is the best information I can find.

MSDS - If you find yourself walking into a smell that you think might knock your socks off, the first thing you need to do is to find our what in the world you have smelled, and the second thing is to see if there is an MSDS on that chemical. In a world that is rampant with needless paperwork, the MSDS, or material safety data sheet, is one thing that can come in very useful. In fact, the MSDS has probably saved a lot of lives of people who accidentally came in contact with one chemical or another and needed to find out what to do.
An MSDS has a whole bunch of information on it that may save your life. For example, the first thing on the MSDS is the name of the product, followed by the chemical composition of that product. It is after the identifying information on the MSDS that things get interesting, because the MSDS tells you how to protect yourself from exposure, how to handle the chemical, what you can expect if you have accidentally been exposed, and how to treat the overexposure.

In terms of specific products, there is a searchable database at Cornell University where MSDS for thousands of products are maintained.

http://msds.pdc.cornell.edu/msdssrch.asp

Specific information can be gathered here first, but should be followed up with the manufacturer if you suspect that your experience is different than the MSDS indicates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom