Making a copper tube with a pattern on it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

malonjw

I am not sure if this is the right place for this new thread to ask my question. I can change it to another category if need be. My question evolves casting over a tube that needs writing or a logo. In the past I have a Georgia Bulldogs logo on paper and glued it to the tube. I have run into all kinds of problems. I really don't know what kind of paper (or whatever) to use first off. Then I need to use some kind of adhesive to attach the paper to the tube. I have tried CA and a couple of other types of adhesive. Most of the time the label gets soaked up with the adhesive and the label starts unwinding as the resin is cast. Does anyone have some tried and true methods?

Be VERY careful with casting copyright protected logos. There is a fine line where they can and will come after your copyright infringement. However, you can cast their already produced products.

For example, you can but legaly license stickers and cast those on the tube and it be legal but if you print their logo on your own without their permission and cast it you can be found legally liable. Try reaching out to Drop Anchor Creations, they do a lot of work like this and may be able to assist you with some of these fine lines.

Top Bottom