Magnetic Personalities

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mullanphy

A tip to keep track of those pesky bushings until you put them away: a neodymium magnet on the base of your lathe bed or other handy spot on it lets you put the bushings there without fear of them falling/rolling onto the floor and under the most inconvenient item in your shop.

Attachments

• 210213 lathe magnet for bushings (1).jpg
    210213 lathe magnet for bushings (1).jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 189
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sorcerertd

I have been using magnets to keep sandpaper pieces in order on my lathe stand and holding shop towels on the lathe bed for some time. I did once drop a bushing and after much looking around the floor and swearing, found it stuck to a magnet on the lathe stand. I had to laugh and shake my head. And here you are talking about doing it on purpose ;). It is a great idea. These magnetic bowls also work great. I keep a few of them around for various projects where I have nuts and bolts to keep an eye on.

magpens

I, too, use magnets for this purpose ..... on my lathe to hold tools like hex keys, small screwdrivers, as well as bushings, etc.

Also on the exposed steel at the edge of my work table.

dwasson

I, too, use magnets for this purpose ..... on my lathe to hold tools like hex keys, small screwdrivers, as well as bushings, etc.

Also on the exposed steel at the edge of my work table.

I have one of these on my lathe. Works great for the tiny pieces that get lost in the shavings. Harbor Freight, $3.00.

Attachments

• 1636885736463.jpeg
    1636885736463.jpeg
    249 KB · Views: 106
Top Bottom