Love making vases

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doghouse

Now that I started this, I am hooked. This is spalted oak about 14x5" The lip is a little big, but the picture makes it look very large. It is smaller than the widest part of the vase, but not by much.

spalted_oak_vase.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

low_48

I actually thought I might see another dirty picture like that eagle-guy likes to post[:0][:0][:0] I guess I misunderstood that title ...........

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Beautiful piece of woood, and nicely done vase..!..
I presume the vase is hollow somewhat..??

And Rich, that was funny, had to think about it a minute or two, but then funny :)

Gary Max

I like it----the wood is outstanding-----size is very impressive.
Hey once you add a arrangment to the vase-- the lip is going to work. And lets not forget to talk about that finish --Perfect.
Oh the little beading you did on the base---nice

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by low_48
<br />I actually thought I might see another dirty picture like that eagle-guy likes to post[:0][:0][:0] I guess I misunderstood that title ...........

Thank goodness I'm not the only one!! [:D][}:)][:D][}:)][:D]

Beautiful work, John.

Doghouse

Yes, it is completely hollow, about 1/8" top to bottom. I found you have to be careful hollowing oak, although a very strong wood, it will shatter easily. I had a slight dig, and when checking the vase, it had started to crack. A little ebony dust / ca and it was all better. I have a couple of pieces of spalted oak, but this one has fantastic figure.

The rest of you with your minds in the gutter, can't you see the picture in the spalting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom