Loose twist mechanism?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chasboy1

A thinline pen I made for my wife and another for a friend are a bit "loose' when twisting. So much so that the tip starts to retract while using. Anyone have any ideas? I'd rather not try to get the transmission out of the barrel.
Thanks!

Stephen

A thinline pen I made for my wife and another for a friend are a bit "loose' when twisting. So much so that the tip starts to retract while using. Anyone have any ideas? I'd rather not tnism ry to get the transmission out of the barrel.
I have experienced this on the slimline transmissions. This is what I have done. It does not require removal of the transmission.
There two horizontal indentations like a HYPHEN opposite to each other on the mechanism body. Use a flat screw driver tip that fits the indentations and tap lightly to crimp the two indentations. Ensure the transmission is fully extended and the refill is removed before crimping. This increases the friction. You may have to tap a few times until the desired tightness is achieved. If over crimped just exercise the mechanism a few times to undo the over crimp.

Top Bottom