Looking forward to our next meeting!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MartinPens

Who is carpooling from the San Ramon, Pleasanton area. I don't have carpool stuff figured out and it sounds like a nessecity. Let me know if you want to carpool. I don't have to drive but I'm flexible.
Martin - aka Marin

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
I'll be there a little after 11am. I'm bringing a variety of sodas (diet and regular) and some waters. But with 18 people it wouldn't hurt if someone brought more.

IBTurning

Weather

Weather report shows 52 deg and should get to 62 deg by 3pm. Currently the garage is 59 deg. I'm hoping we'll get a few degrees warmer.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Thank You!

Thank you, Larry and Michelle, for hosting today's meeting!! It was a great time and I had a blast.

And thank you to the new members for coming and adding new blood and new ideas to the group!

GK

ldubia

Larry & Michelle, now that I have finally gotten home and onto the computer I want to thank you for opening your home to us and helping us to have such an inspiring meeting. The new people brought fresh ideas and camaraderie and the seasoned members came together to create new memories. I had a great time and look forward to the next fabulous get together.

Thanks for a great gathering. Larry and Michelle, you have a beautiful home. Thanks for having us all. Really enjoyed meeting lots of new people and seeing old friends again.

One suggestion for next meeting - we could raffle off a drill press. Any ideas where we could find one?

Bob in SF

Larry and Michelle - Heartfelt thanks for a fine and generous meeting - great people, great ideas and art and craft, great food - who could ask for more?

Gratefully, Bob

boatemp

Larry and Michelle, my thanks for your hospitality. It was a great gathering and I did learn a lot. Nice talking with you all. Looking forward to the next meeting.
Frank

IBTurning

Thanks!

Thank you everyone for helping with the food and making this a great meeting.

I enjoyed everyone's stories of how they started in wood turning. I did notice that 10 years was pretty common, with some with many more and some with many less.

I hope that our new members continue attending future meetings, and consider joining BAWA as well.

For those interested in the Smithy 3-in-1 metal lathe and Mill, there is a posting in Craigslist. This one has a longer bed.
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/tls/6047190435.html

It was great to socialize with everyone! And yes you can never have too many drill presses!

Thanks,

Larry and Michelle

Last edited:

MartinPens

Thank you Larry and Michelle! What a comfy place! Larry, that Smithy is really something! And your incumbent bike is pretty darn cool too. Thanks again for hosting.

I have started a new thread with a "custom kitless" emphasis for those interested.

JoelAlbert

Larry/Michelle,

Many thanks for hosting us at your house. It was a great turnout and I really enjoyed meeting everyone and seeing your place.

Really appreciate the hospitality.

Joel

Top Bottom