Looking for source

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I am looking for a source of some nice grained Honduran Rosewood Burl It can be pen blank size or slab sized. Good quality and reliable. Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

smik

See if this fits your needs.

jttheclockman

See if this fits your needs.

I have an older computer and sometimes I can not open certain links and this is one of them. Is there a work around that I can see?? Maybe open the link and copy and paste it for me. Thanks.

By the way I am looking for burl blanks if that means anything.

smik

Keim Lumber

Honduran Rosewood Pen Blanks - 10 Pack

10293_200.jpg

View Larger

Price: $16.82 each
In Stock - Ships within 24 hours M-F

Specifications

• Wood Type: Honduran Rosewood
  • Area of Origin: Central America
  • Dimensions: 3/4" x 3/4" x 5"
  • Includes 10 Pen Blanks

Please Note

• Actual wood blanks may vary from picture shown as all pieces are unique
  • Dimensions are approximate
QTY:

Item Details Mfg Part #: 10293
Weight: 1.20 lbs.
SKU #: 10293

jttheclockman

Keim Lumber

View attachment 289684
View Larger

Price: $16.82 each
In Stock - Ships within 24 hours M-F

Specifications

• Wood Type: Honduran Rosewood
  • Area of Origin: Central America
  • Dimensions: 3/4" x 3/4" x 5"
  • Includes 10 Pen Blanks

Please Note

• Actual wood blanks may vary from picture shown as all pieces are unique
  • Dimensions are approximate
QTY:

Item Details Mfg Part #: 10293
Weight: 1.20 lbs.
SKU #: 10293
Thanks. Not burls. Do you know if they have burls??

zig613

John,

I have a 10 pack of rosewood burl blanks that I could part with. They measure 3/4" square x 5"-5.2" in length. PM if you are interested.

Wade

Attachments

• Burls.jpg
    Burls.jpg
    325.8 KB · Views: 125

magpens

@jttheclockman

John,

I have bought Honduran Rosewood from IAP member named " exoticwo " and his real name is Albert Kiebert .

You could try him.

Please note that my purchase was NOT burl

jttheclockman

John, I was just on the Cook Woods site - lots of Honduras Rosewood, but no burl.

Don
I have rosewood plain grain but the burl is outstanding if I can find good quality. Have a person that is looking for a top quality pen. Trying to avoid the blanks with sap wood.

Reactions: DrD

wouldentu2?

Dehn0045

jttheclockman

Try this site, I have no experience but other Woodworkers like it
I have bought from these people before and their product is very good. Unfortunately they are out of pen blanks in HRB. Thanks.

Fred Bruche

Something like that?

image0 (4).jpeg

The best I have seen and bought is from Jason Geer in the "What The Blank Auctions - Woodworking Supplies" group on Facebook. Not sure if he sells at other places but I have bought pieces directly from him. Not cheap but superior quality. If you are not on Facebook I can ask him if there is an email address to contact him directly. Let me know.

SteveG

John, I may have what you are seeking. I will look thru my stock today, and send photos. If he HRB satisfies your requirements, do you have a quantity in mind?

jttheclockman

Something like that?

View attachment 289724

The best I have seen and bought is from Jason Geer in the "What The Blank Auctions - Woodworking Supplies" group on Facebook. Not sure if he sells at other places but I have bought pieces directly from him. Not cheap but superior quality. If you are not on Facebook I can ask him if there is an email address to contact him directly. Let me know.
Fred that stuff is gorgeous. That must be museum grade and bet it carries a big price tag. I will check it out. Had to join so I just did.

Last edited:

jttheclockman

John, I may have what you are seeking. I will look thru my stock today, and send photos. If he HRB satisfies your requirements, do you have a quantity in mind?
Hello Steve, Yes it is HRB without sap is what I am looking for. I have a couple members here looking through their stash right now and will get back to me. I will let you know or if you want to shoot me a photo of what you are willing to part with that would be fine too. I am always open for good looking timbers. The goal right now is I need a couple pieces large enough to fit on a full size kit such as a Majestic so I can make a pen for a friend for Christmas as a thank you for helping me this summer. He never wants any rewards so thought a great looking pen would be nice way to thank him. That is one thing I love about this place, there are those that just want to help and it usually happens behind closed doors and does not make the press here but I am thankful. I always try to do the same when I can. Thanks.

SteveG

I just looked thru my stock of blanks. I found only one HRB that looks as good as you are seeking, but it is not square. It is .840 X .715 X 6".
So the rectangular profile may not work for you. The cost is just what I paid, $18 plus mailing which is about $4, I think, but not sure. Sorry for the mixed up pics...first time I tried to do them, and it looks like dupes.
IMG_2794.JPG
IMG_7019.JPG
IMG_3892.JPG

IMG_2794.JPG
IMG_7019.JPG
IMG_2794.JPGIMG_7019.JPGIMG_3892.JPG

Top Bottom