Looking for Local Georgia Penturners for Movie Project

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Heroprops

Hello All!

I am new to the forum. I am a props person working on a local film in Atlanta. I was looking for a list of pen making craftsmen in the area that would be able to duplicate a one-of-a-kind pen we have chosen as a prop for our film.

I can email a pic. Know anywhere I can find a Local list of craftsmen?

Attachments

• B9F62BE4-48FD-4659-9F5E-36A26BAEAA61.jpg
    B9F62BE4-48FD-4659-9F5E-36A26BAEAA61.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 360
  • AF4DEBB8-2F4E-47A5-92BE-B95BAE073640.jpg
    AF4DEBB8-2F4E-47A5-92BE-B95BAE073640.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 356
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dthayer

Hi,

That looks like it would be very doable. It appears to be a standard Slimline pen done in Olivewood with the custom cross clip and band.

I don't know anyone in your area but it's certainly easy and cheap to mail.

I'd be happy to help you but if you would rather work with someone local, I understand.

Have blessed day!

magpens

Click on "Members List" (following FAQ) in the top long blue bar on this page.

Then go to the right hand side of the new screen that appears and click on "Search Members" in the box below the second long blue bar.

Then click on "Advanced Search" at the bottom of the box that appears. . A new screen will appear with lots of empty boxes.

Then, in the "Location" box on that screen, type "Atlanta".

Then go to the bottom of that screen and click on "Search Now".

The data for all the IAP members in Atlanta will appear. . You can contact any of them by clicking on the User Name (not their real name) and then click on "Contact Info" and then "Send a private message". . Any replies to you will be in your "Private Messages" (accessible at top right corner of this page).

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I'm in the Atlanta area but that hardware does not look familiar to me and to duplicate the wear on the components might take some doing.

I have PM'd Nichole some info and contacts. Both the centerband and the clip are available from Exotic Blanks. The picture from Nichole looks like a silver/chrome clip. Exotic's looks to be gold... Maybe the pen Nichole pictured was originally gold, and just beaten into submission and worn down to the plating :eek:!.

The pen displayed looks pretty "lovingly used..." But would be fun to replicate... A wrench for the nib marks, some 80 grit sandpaper for the weathered finish, a dull spindle gouge for the basic shaping... What FUN! :tongue:

https://www.exoticblanks.com/Cross-Clip-for-Slimline-Comfort-Pens-Style-2-24KT-Gold.html

https://www.exoticblanks.com/Decorative-Center-Band-for-Slimline-Pens-Floral-24KT-Gold.html

Last edited:

dthayer

Yeah, I'm sure it's just a standard gold clip that has been worn down. Heck, I've done that myself accidentally with a buffer before. :eek: It looks like the clip has worn down a groove in the top (must be loose) - that would be easy to replicate.

I'd love to know the significance of the pen. :confused:

Steve Busey

I am new to the forum. I am a props person working on a local film in Atlanta. I was looking for a list of pen making craftsmen in the area that would be able to duplicate a one-of-a-kind pen we have chosen as a prop for our film.

I can email a pic. Know anywhere I can find a Local list of craftsmen?

Hi Nichole. You're in the right forum to find Georgia pen makers.

Are you looking for one duplicate, or multiple? The trickiest part would be finding a wood blank that is a close blank, especially matching a blank with such nice grain.

What's your timeline?

Thanks,

Top Bottom