Look out next year!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RegisG

Well, with 2 months experience, I entered 2 contests and didn't place. I learned a lot as I viewed and voted on most all the competitions.
Here is what I learned:

1st - Make better/sharper pens, perfectly!
2nd - Stage the layout
3rd - Take much better photos.
4th - If I never win, competing improved my skills.
5th but not last, start early and plan, plan, and plan.

I enjoyed every bit of these competitions and hats off to those hosting/managing them.

Thank you all,
Regis

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Good for you Regis. Take a positive out of this years contests. Learn and as you say plan for next time. There is a Summer Extravaganza that may interest you in the summer months so make note of that too.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Yep, I'll echo what JT said too.
He was also correct in another thread, about people looking at eyecandy without reading the work that may have gone into it. I admit, I'm a culprit too.
It's good that you ( and hopefully others too) don't get disheartened if you dont place in a contest. If you can get over that, then you can only enjoy and improve even more. :biggrin:

magpens

Good attitude, there, Regis !!!! . I didn't win either ... didn't even get to 2nd round !

Please give an example, if you can, of "Stage the layout" ... not sure what that means. Tnx

RegisG

Good attitude, there, Regis !!!! . I didn't win either ... didn't even get to 2nd round !

Please give an example, if you can, of "Stage the layout" ... not sure what that means. Tnx

I simply set my pens on white background and shot photo.
Many of the best looking pens were propped up on wood, stand or some object. Then they took photos showing 2 or more angles to display them.

Thanks all for encouragements.

Regis

bedangerous

I could not have said it better. Made it several rounds but no cigar. Learned a lot, had fun and several people got nice pens out of it.

Mitch

Top Bottom