Look Ma! No Tube

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Todd in PA

This is a psi chapstick holder kit I bought several months ago, and then discovered that I needed a specialty 45/64 bit to drill out the blank. So they sat until I got around to ordering one.

There's no brass tube to support the blank, so you end up with a very thin ring of material. I chose a nice piece of redwood burl scrap to use, and doused it in CA after noticing a small crack.

In all, I impressed myself with the skill to turn a delicate piece of wood without the support of a brass tube. šŸ˜Ž so I made a second out of acrylic.

FB87B537-E6A3-40B4-BF45-9A49816CBD34.jpeg
699FDB83-DCDA-464D-A6DA-12660AF0395F.jpeg

Joebobber

I didn't care for those kits. All the epoxy-ing they require... too much work, and selling them was tough. The price per kit is too high to make any $ off them in my opinion. Not many people want to pay much for a chapstick holder.... yours came out very good though!

Todd in PA

I didn't care for those kits.
I really can't recommend them either. It's kind of neat how the kit holds the tube and raises and lowers the chapstick. But the kit feels cheap with the unplated aluminum parts.

I made these for my wife, who always has chapstick in her purse. She showed it off to her girlfriends, so it's being used as a piece of advertising for my other products.

Top Bottom