LOML sold MY pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
When I first started turning pens a little over 2 years ago, I made a fat cigar pen out of some wormy mesquite BBQ wood I had. I CA'ed the worm poop in (made a real intresting designs).
Fast forward to last week. A coworker of my wifes saw one of my Jr Statesman pens I donated for a fundraiser that the school was having. She asked what else I had. LOML showed her a padauk cigar pen I had made. She immediately ordered 2 cigar pen/pencil sets, one out of pecan and one out of mesquite. So, me, trying to be nice decided to send my wormy mesquite to show what it would look like. The finish was wearing (origonally finished with friction polish) so I took it apart and refinished with CA/BLO.
Well, yesterday, my wife was using it at her desk when the coworker came in, saw the pen, looked at it and asked how much? LOML sorta stuttered out $25. The coworker said sold, put in her pocket and left. Brought the check back later in the day. She still wants the sets also.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Monty,
I'm sorry to hear of your loss - LOL

Well, look at it as both an affirmation of your ability, and an opportunity to reinvest that money into another several kits!

alamocdc

Mannie, I'm sorry and happy for you at the same time. Sounds like she needs a lesson in pricing though. [:D] I don't turn loose of a cigar like that for less than $40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom