Logo Printed, not engraved?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRob777

Hi all,
Does anyone know of anyone who does a printing service for pens? I have a possible customer for some company pens, but my engraver can't do the logo. I won't post the picture of the logo, as it is a private company and only one person in the company knows about it so far. I am doing a prototype.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Can this even be done? It will be done on Sierras, with Curly Maple.

Thank you,
Rob

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

terrymiller

Have you done a search on google yet. There are services out there my mom use to have pens made but most of them want you to buy there pens. Good luck finding a source I will call my mother tonight to see if see has the number I dont think they have the service you are looking for but it might be a start.

BigRob777

Thanks Terry. My back is about done sitting in this chair for the day. I figured a post would give me some more precise answers than a search would. I do know of 3 engravers though, so I should start with another one of them.
Rob

The machine you are looking for is called a pad printer or a pad press (not to be confused with a padding press)

Do a google, you should find something

woodwish

Rob, a pad printer is basically a small silk-screen printer that prints in reverse onto a rubber pad that then prints onto the object while the ink is still wet. When I was doing art work for a large screen printer we had one for hats but would not do fine work like a pen. However, we did do some contract work with a variety of printers that had the right equipment. That was a few years ago so I don't have any good contacts today. They always supplied the product from pens to plastic cups but IF you could find a small company with a pad printer, and you are willing to pay the cost of the screens, and supply the pens, they might do it. Just remember that they are only making money by printing large quanities so printing just a few may be pricey to overcome to cost of setup.

BigRob777

Ray,
Thanks. I got an e-mail back from Joe's contact and it looks like a go with the lazerblazers folks. If not, then I'll try to find a pad printer.
Thank you for your time and input.
Rob

Johnathan

Rob, the engraver I use also has a feature on his laser that doesn't engrave but heats up a special powder that bonds to any material. I'm not sure what it's called but it's almost like a powder coat only really flat to the surface. It's pretty cool looking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom