Jeer Little Machine Shop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had searched and posted here about buying a Live Center. I decided to try Little Machine Shop. One member said he had one (his picture of the black one) and said it was fine but did not like the screw because it would loosen over time. I chose a different model and this was the picture from there website. (The chrome model picture) It appeared to have no screw.

The company was VERY fast in sending my order but to my surprise, when I received it, it was the black model with the screw. I notified them immediately that I was not pleased. Again, very fast and efficient. They notified me back that both models were the same quality but they would send the one I wanted and pictured on the website. It arrived and was exactly what I had wanted originally.

They were fast and it was a no-hassle exchange but seems they would be better off sending what is ordered and pictured in their catalog instead of what they consider to be of equal quality.

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    163.1 KB · Views: 113
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    130.3 KB · Views: 101
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bruce119

I also see your point about subs. maybe there stock is changing (it happens) if that is the case they should and in time probably will update there web photo. After all they are a metal lathe supplier and probably don't sell many live centers.

BUT to there defense I dealt with them many, many times (I have 2 mini metal) and there customer service is TOP NOTCH. I called them a few times and got technical advise. I had a PC board fail in the middle of a big job and they shipped the way I wanted same day.

Just saying you don't hear too many bad things about them. Stuff happens to every one from time to time.

Sounds like they fixed it to your satisfaction and pretty quick.

That sounds like a cheer to me.

Bruce- I agree it could be a CHEER but being my first order and sending what they thought was an equal substitution is not impressive. Their customer service and communication was great... but IMHO there should have been no need of that if they had the product to begin with and filled the order as advertised.

Lucky2

Richard, what makes you think they tried to pull a fast one on you by sending a substitution, and not an honest mistake that was made? Between the time and place something like this is ordered to the actual location where the order is filled and shipped, there could be a lack of miscommunication or a misread of numbers. I imagine these parts are very close in numbers, seeing as how they both do similar jobs. They shipped the new one to you in quick order and made things right, so I would consider it a win also. Afterall, I don't know of any company that has never made a mistake, but I do know of companies that have made mistakes and not corrected them. Those are the ones that I would consider giving a jeer to, not to the ones that are willing to correct their mistakes as quickly as possible.
Len

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom