Liars Club Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

melogic

Rules and Judges

Ok. Here are the rules for this contest.

Liars Club Contest

Objective:
In this contest, each entrant is expected to submit a "short story" that is the tallest tale or outright lie that concerns handmade pens and/or penturning. It can be a personal experience with a big made up twist to it or it can be anything that comes to mind. But all stories have to be YOUR Original work. It cannot be a story you read on the internet, in a magazine or saw in any other publication. All entries will be submitted to the following e-mail address (liarsclub@penturners.org) and after the contest ends, all entries will be posted for everyone to see along with the winners. Make sure to put your name, IAP Screen Name and a valid mailing address on the top of your entry. The Liars Club Meister will be the only one to know who the entrants are prior to the winners being announced.
Please keep all stories clean as this is a family site.
The main objective in this contest is to HAVE FUN!

Rules:
· Must be original work. (i.e. not from an internet story or any story that has been posted by someone else in any publication.)
· Must not be the TRUTH!
· The story should be between 250 to 350 words.
· One entry per member
· Please list your name, IAP screen name and valid mailing address at the top of your entry. Put "Liars Club Contest" in the subject box of the e-mail. and e-mail to liarsclub@penturners.org
· Contest will begin 12:01am (midnight) Forum Time on Tuesday February 3, 2009
· All entries must be submitted by 12:00pm (Noon) Forum Time on Saturday February 21, 2009
· The judge's decision will be final
· The 3 judges will be chosen at random. The identity of the judges will not be revealed.

* FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH ANY OF THE RULES FOR THIS CONTEST WILL VOID YOUR ENTRY!

Prizes:

The winners will be announced on February 24, 2009.

1st Place
Heritance - DCBluesman
1. Five-pack of calligraphy (dip) pen components (Retail $50)
1. Ten-pack of vacuum-type converters (5 long and 5 short) (Retail $80)

2nd Place
bobskio2003
Envelope of pen blanks

3rd Place
Klingspor
Large bargain-box of gold sandpaper

Last edited:

melogic

Yep Andrew, I am going to change that e-mail address as soon as Jeff sets it up. I am not sure what it is going to be. I posted it in another thread, but I wonder if we should start another thread for contest e-mail addresses or what? I also changed the time to Forum Time. I have confirmed all 3 judges as well as long as noone else has an issue with the three I chose?

DocStram

Yep Andrew, I am going to change that e-mail address as soon as Jeff sets it up. I am not sure what it is going to be. I posted it in another thread, but I wonder if we should start another thread for contest e-mail addresses or what? I also changed the time to Forum Time. I have confirmed all 3 judges as well as long as noone else has an issue with the three I chose?

Let me think about this for a second ....... hmmmmm ....

YES ..... we will want to post the email addresses for the point person for each contest who is collecting IAP member entries.

But .... NO ... we do not want to post the judges email addresses even in the Bash Planning Forum since we want the judges to be anonymous from those Bash Crew members who will be entering contests.

I'll make a sticky thread for the addresses to send entries to.

Last edited:
Top Bottom