LeRoi Elegant Pen & Pencil Set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Chatham PenWorks

Customer liked the pen, and asked for a pencil to match. Uses a Schmidt DSM 2006 pencil mech. I had to drill out the front section a little bit, and trim the mechanism a little bit, but it works like a charm. All C & C welcome and appreciated. image-3827901612.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

builtbybill

Set looks great!! Getting ready to try the same thing with the Le Roi V2s so I was just wondering how difficult the mods were for the pencil mechanism. Additionally, now that some time has passed, I was wondering if you could report on how well the pencil mechanism functions in the Le Roi kits.

Thanks,

Bill

Set looks great!! Getting ready to try the same thing with the Le Roi V2s so I was just wondering how difficult the mods were for the pencil mechanism. Additionally, now that some time has passed, I was wondering if you could report on how well the pencil mechanism functions in the Le Roi kits.

Thanks,

Bill

Thanks Bill. The pencil came back within a month. Thankfully, that was only because it had just been used for the first time, and the buyer forgot that the finial needed to to be turned right, then returned left. He forgot the "returned left" part, and the lead would push right back into the mech. No reported issues since.
The alterations were rather simple. The nib end was a tight fit, so I just ran a few tiny bits through it, by hand. As far as the mech., I just had to clip a little bit off the end of the plunger until it all fit together, and worked right. Trim, assemble, test, trim, assemble, test, trim, assemble, test....

Yussef

woodyoureally

Nice set. And just wanted to chime in on the pencil mechanism. It is a great little device for when you want set of pretty much any twist pen. I used it on a Faith, Hope and Love set. They all take a bit of fine tuning to get to fit and work but great to be able to offer the option.

Top Bottom