Late Intro

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Timebandit

Hey everyone.This has slipped my mind for a while(6 months or so) and i thought it was time to do it.Most of you have seen me around for a while,posting a comment here and there and snagging up good deals in the classifieds.

My name is Justin Short.I will be 32 on the 13th of this month and i live in Austin TX.I have lived here for 12 years and LOVE this town.Im a little different than the rest.I have lots of tattoos and dreadlocks(thats right dreadlocks)which i keep well out of the way while turning.:biggrin:I was an Electrician for 10 years until i was hit by a car while riding my motorcycle in 2008.He hit me head on,and shattered my pelvis and broke my hip.Six steel plates and about 15 screws later and i am good to go.After the accident i opened a small recording studio and also started going back to school.I am studying Electronics Engineering Technology and have been doing it for about 8 months now.I waited along time to go back to school but really couldnt afford it at the time.
I met my beautiful fiance while in the hospital.She was one of the first nurses that took care of me.Quite an amazing story.
I have only been turning wood for about 6 months now and have yet to show a picture of a pen,not that i havent made any,just havent had a good enough camera to justify showing off a picture.So in the next few days i will start showing off my work.Hopefully i am doing well.

Anyway,i just wanted to say that i have learned a great deal from all of you in the 6 months that i have been on here and i hope to contribute to the cause more often now.Will be showing pens soon.

Thanks for looking
Justin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

Welcome from Wichita Falls, TX. Thank you for sharing such an amazing story! As far as the camera goes, even if its a cheap digital camera, find the macro setting and try a few pics that way. they typically look much better than just "auto"

Mark

Hi Justin. Welcome from PA. Sounds like quite an adventure. Glad you made it here and I hope you stick around. Enjoy the site..

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Howdy Justin Short. I'm sure you have seen and read them all, so you won't get any from me:wink:

Welcome to IAP:biggrin:. We have our own troubled resident 'dreadlock' guy here and I really miss him. Maybe you can convince him to come back:wink:

Top Bottom