Last Minute Serious Issues

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I got a call from Ernie Borraga a few minutes ago.

He is in the hospital with serious heart issues, possibly open heart surgery.

He hopes it is a bad diagnosis and he will still be able to attend MPG; but I strongly suspect not.

He was doing two main room demos (filling in for others that dropped out last week), and assisting in the break-out room (again for those who dropped out).

The break-out room is not a concern, but we may have two open slots in the main room.

At this time, I hope for the best for Ernie. His health is paramount.

As to the two main room sessions, I have no more back-up. I'm at the end of my rope.

A good chance we will have two ad hoc panel discussions.

I'm open not only to suggestions, but solutions.

Mark

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Yikes! Even if Ernie dodges the bullet on the surgery, something put him in the hospital and he probably shouldn't be making the long drive.

I
'm not committing to a demo at this time, but I am committing to see if I can throw something together in the next couple of days. I still have some work to clear up as far as prizes and donors. Also, I have to prepare some blanks for breakout room turning.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
John U has registered, and Mark_Dreyer and Ed Brown are there, so even if it is a last minute panel, I suspect with them and Barry Gross we can keep folks entertained. Two sessions will be a stretch.

I just hate last minute issues - that is a personal character flaw! I'll work on this tomorrow evening and Monday. I'm busy tomorrow until 7 PM'ish.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Late yesterday Tom (Bell) and Bob (Marquis) indicated they could fill in for the two demos.

I will reach out to John U; Mark_Dreyer and Ed Brown and let them know the situation.

At this time let's have Tom and Bob cover the two sessions.

Saturday: 6:00 - 6:45 - Tom Bell - Casting Basics.

Sunday: 10:00 - 10:45 - Bob Marquis - Any Topic.

Backup Plans: (A). Get 3-4 folks for an audience question dictated panel discussion. (B). Simply have an open session for vendor sales and socializing.

If I get any volunteers to do additional sessions, we can discuss.

Hopefully Ernie (and Michelle) do fine with their medical issues. I'm back in Medina now until after the MPG (going back to In-Laws Sunday PM after the MPG).

Stay healthy folks, I know too many others that are having personal issues right now.

Top Bottom