Laser Marking

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kcimdrib

Can anyone offer advice on a Laser marking machine purely to be able to personalise pens such marking a name etc.
Something not to complicated and easy to set up.
I have looked on the Internet and just got confused.
Budget around $200.. But as cheap as possible really because not sure how much I would use it.
Are they complicated to program.
Speed not to lmportant.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TDahl

I recently purchased a Neje Master 2 Plus. While I have not had a lot of time to use it, the setup process was fairly easy. If you do go with the Neje you should consider also purchasing a pen rotary jig for pen engraving. James Fewster of Crossgates Crafts out of the UK sells a couple models that are reasonably priced. There are also several Facebook groups that are excellent sources for user information. Nancy McEntire of the Neje Master Engravers User Group is usually online and responds fairly quickly to questions.

Kcimdrib

Thank you for your help I will look closer the Neji Master 2 Plus. I am concerned with the set. I use Windows 10 on a Desktop but I only have very basic computer knowledge.
I was wondering after loading a design does the Laser need to stay connected to the PC. When its running.
It would be good to load a design in my office and take it into my workshop to mark a Pen, I do not possess a Lap Top so will need to use my Desktop.

Mortalis

Thank you for your help I will look closer the Neji Master 2 Plus. I am concerned with the set. I use Windows 10 on a Desktop but I only have very basic computer knowledge.
I was wondering after loading a design does the Laser need to stay connected to the PC. When its running.
It would be good to load a design in my office and take it into my workshop to mark a Pen, I do not possess a Lap Top so will need to use my Desktop.
Sorry, thought I could help but my info was not accurate.

Last edited:

Kcimdrib

I think you have been a great help if only to make me reconsider my options.
It would help if I new what I really wanted.

plano_harry

Generally they do have to stay connected via USB. The software runs on the Windows PC and sends control steps to the laser. I use an Ortur LaserMaster 2 which is a great machine for engraving and can do larger projects as well. For pens, the diode lasers are not as suitable as the CO2 lasers. If you need to engrave a finished pen that was done in CA or GluBoost, the laser will pass through the CA and burn the wood underneath, while causing unpredictable things to happen to the melting CA, producing less than desirable results. If you are doing a cast resin, they don't seem to work well for that either, typically melting the resin, rather than cleanly vaporizing it like a CO2 laser. That has been my experience. I found your post while looking for info on how to overcome those two problems.

Top Bottom