laser engraving

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vortex8

hello fellow pen turners. I have been turning pens for a number of years now and I would really like to add to my skill set by getting into some pen engraving. I have tried to do some basic research on the subject through the web mostly through youtube videos. I am finding that this really is not helping me find the answers I am looking for. I am wondering if any of you have a resource or two that would help a total beginner as myself?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bsshog40

I have both the Neje 1500 and the Neje 3500 master. Since I bought the 3500 I have yet to use the 1500 again. Will probably give it to the wife to play with. I've used the 3500 quite a few times, mostly engraving wood projects and some leather burning. Works great! Here's a couple things I've done on it.

Attachments

• Sheath done 1.jpg
    Sheath done 1.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 188
  • 2nd amendment skul and guns.jpg
    2nd amendment skul and guns.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 204
  • side two.jpg
    side two.jpg
    419 KB · Views: 192

vortex8

Does anyone know if they are still in business or are they shut down. I was on there website recently and it seemed like they had not done anything to it in awhile.

Edward Cypher

All of their lasers are out of stock and no indication of when they will be back in. Too bad, i had some cash to spread around.
Nancy usually gets them in monthly get on the wait list. Mine took a little over 2 weeks but I got the 3500 master and the Benson jig. Awesome service and follow up.

TonyL

Thank You for the information. Do you like using your machine ? I have wondered if something like this would work for me. I am a bit hesitant in buying this due to the price I have been burned by cheep equipment in the past but I am not against it if it works.
I own 2 3500s and 2 1000s. I can't get the 1000s to work any more and have replaced the a diode once. I think you will have some that last hundreds of burns and others that will die after a few dozen. Relative to commercial or professional engravers they are inexpensive (I am not saying that $150 is not a lot of money - just comparing a hobby engravers to professional ones). So far my 3500s are a pleasure to use compare to the 1000s with respect to the software interface and connectivity. I don't think thing that there is any way to ensure their longevity. After 200 burns, it has paid for itself is how I happen to look at it.

Top Bottom