LA pen show idea

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dalemcginnis

Local Chapter Leader
I got this PM from Cathy sue and I like the idea. How about the rest of you?

I've been going to the LA International Pen Show for a few years now as a vendor. I have a nice little area with a window view. Last year someone asked about having other in the group have their pens for sale. And Karl even came down one day and spent some time with me and checked it all out.

The thing is, my health really suffered this last year's show. It was rough on me. And I've been thinking about this coming year's show. I don't think I could "do it" alone anymore. So i'm thinking if the So Cal IAP group joined with me this next year, some of you all could help me out - and I could help you out (because of my "been there" status and preference.) Maybe we could set aside a percent for IAP.

I don't remember off hand what the fees are. But that info will be out sometime in November. Spaces may sell better this year than last year. But they've been filled up every year. There have been 2 or 3 other penturners at these shows. Anthony "PenWorks" and another dear gentleman whose name I forget. But there will be well over 100 vendors, thousands of people over the weekend.

So what do ya think???

Cathy Sue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Justdon83

Dale,
That sounds interesting to me. I would have to know the cost and some other details before I committed. It would be neat if we could get a few to participate.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
More on the upcoming LA Pen Show

The sponsors of the 22 Annual LA International Pen Show are accepting payments for table reservations already. The fee per table is $160. More information and pictures of last year's show can be found at http://www.lapenshow.com/.

polarbear1

Sounds like a great idea, my pen inventory is way low, I'm not sure If I have the time to build it up enough to make it worth my while to be an active participant. But if a few of us go, and the rest send 10-20 pens, and pay a percentage to those who went if any of their pens sell. You would end up with plenty of pens to display.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
LA Pen Show - FYI

I'm not going to be able to go to the LA Pen Show this coming February. Not physically able to "endure it." I'm not going to be able to get back to the lathe for some time due to slow healing of the 3/4" hole on my right hand.

Sorry guys.

Cathy Sue

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Hey Dale, are you lining up our next meeting? Just curious. How about our chapter donating one of the first prizes for the upcoming "Newbie Drawing?"

dalemcginnis

Local Chapter Leader
Hey Dale, are you lining up our next meeting? Just curious. How about our chapter donating one of the first prizes for the upcoming "Newbie Drawing?"

Cathy Sue: I've been busy with my move and hadn't had a chance to set a date and place. It will probably be in the beginning of October. I hope to set a place and time by next weekend. I think a prize donation would be great, I'd be willing to donate some of my home cast blanks. I think I know where they are in all the clutter from the move:eek:

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
For all those who were planning on helping me out in LA and taking time to "watch the table" at the LA Pen Show, the rules as I've been told now do not permit me to have more than one person helping me. And for that person to be able to come back in to the area where everything is set up on Sunday means you would need to register as a Trader with a fee of $55 before Feb 4th. You are then eligible to use 1/2 table to set up your stuff for Thurs, Fri, Sat only.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do now. Sorry everyone.

You can get information on registering as a Trader at the LA Pen Show website at
http://www.lapenshow.com/

Cathy Sue

erebus

Hi all,
I'm new here but I've done lots of other shows/conventions. That limit of one is done by the show to ensure more tables sell vs. everyone getting together on 1 or 2 tables.

My suggestion is that you get the helper, or if you can't go, you should be able to have a designated attendee and then still get the helper so there are 2 people for the job. Then everyone else drops off thier goods and has them on a consignment basis. This allows everyone to sell, the consignment can be either a set amount, set percentage, or just a TBD amount so that everyone pays an equal share of table fees(based on either sales or number of people). If people that have items on consignment want to hang out around a table during the show and 'talk'...well that is what shows are about.

Hope that helps some

Top Bottom