Kudos to Bill B at AS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Very few stop to praise a vendor when he helps out. Just wanted to take moment to publicly thank Bill for sending a replacement part for a Baron I had received as a gift. Thanks again for your help.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wood-of-1kind

Originally posted by Monty
<br />Very few stop to praise a vendor when he helps out. Just wanted to take moment to publicly thank Bill for sending a replacement part for a Baron I had received as a gift. Thanks again for your help.

Wish that Bill was as willing to help a customer with a similar request that is located in Canada. It's all about 'darts & laurels'.

-Peter-[V]

B

Bill Baumbeck

Peter,

Your are absolutely right: It's all about 'darts and laurels'. I thank you for throwing the 'dart'.

2006121954527_Kleenex_600web.jpg
<br />

DocStram

I've never had the pleasure of personally meeting BB or his wife. I've emailed him and we've talked over the phone. As has been the case with many others at IAP, BB has always been extremely helpful and ready to resolve any problem dealing with his products. When I place an order with him he treats me like I'm the most important customer on the face of the planet. He's one of the fastest shippers around. Can you name another vendor who regularly throws in a freebie or two with your order?

He's a straight shooter who tells you exactly what's on his mind. God, family and country. He and I have very different political views. But, if there is one person I'd ever want in my foxhole with me, it would be Bill Baumbeck. If you have an issue with him ... email or call him in private. He's a big boy, he can take it.
Simply put, get off his back.

ilikewood

I met Bill at the 2005 Penturners Redezvous....HE ROBBED ME OF ALL MY MONEY!! [:D]

Actually, I willingly gave it to him for his wonderful blanks. If I remember correctly (which may not be the case, so let me know), he won pen blanks (or something like that) in the door prize raffle which in turn he went over and handed them to my 13 year old daughter. A fine gesture from a fine man.

BigRob777

I've always had good dealings with BB. No complaints here. As far as his policy about shipping overseas/out of country, I understand it. I ship overseas and it's a bit of extra work. Plus, you have to pay extra with paypal. I can do it, because I am a one man operation. If I were busy, I'd think it would be tough.
Rob

wood-of-1kind

Originally posted by DocStram
<br /> email or call him in private. He's a big boy, he can take it.
Simply put, get off his back.

Easy Doc, I've communicated with Bill on this 'personal' matter. And Yes, he's a big boy who can handle the darts. Don't jump to conclusions without gathering differing viewpoints. There is a great nation and people of integrity beyond the 'ole u US of Hay'. We (Canada) count too and are no lesser of your equals. I don't want to start another round of War of 1812 but just remember why you Yankees have the white house painted white. Get off my back and Bill real men don't need no pansy Kleenex for these matters. Remember what the words customer service mean and how they should also be extended to those outside of your borders.

Peace out from the nation from above.
-Peter-[:)]

woodpens

Originally posted by wood-of-1kind
I don't want to start another round of War of 1812 but just remember why you Yankees have the white house painted white.

Let's hear it, Peter... It didn't have anything to do with the French did it? [:D]

reed43

I have seen these words many times. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.If Bill does not care to ship out of the U S of Hay
that is his right.

B

Bill Baumbeck

Peter,

I think the folks here need some clarification in this matter:

#1. You did not order the kit from me nor did I send it to you. You received it as a gift from someone else.

#2. Customer service is something I take seriously but, again, you didn't order this kit from me - you received it from someone else.

Your original message:

"Hi Bill,

I am missing the END CAP from BHW-334 Baron Fountain Pen Satin Nickel. Will you kindly provide the missing component?
Thank you. Peter "

As I see it I don't 'owe' you anything since I didn't sell you nor did I ship you the kit in question.

#3. I think the box of Kleenex is very appropriate but in your case I think that you may be a little too 'thrifty' to buy Kleenex so I am substituting another paper product that is less expensive so that you might wipe away your tears.

2006122154536_Toilet_Paper_600web.jpg
<br />

#4. Your insulting and uncalled for comments ("'ole u US of Hay'" and "just remember why you Yankees have the white house painted white") just confirms what I thought about you from the very beginning of this communication - you have absolutely no 'class'.

BB
A Yankee and damn proud of it!

wood-of-1kind

Bill, it's funny about someone accusing another of not having 'class' and yet you fly your flag in the form of a toilet roll that's probably made out of Canadian pulp anyways.

Bill, you obviously have missed the 'point'. One of your SOLD kits was missing a component and you had an opportunity to make it 'right'. You chose not to and that's your prerogative. Somehow you have chosen not to follow this practise with an American customer. That's what has been disdainful, your lack of consistency. Guess that sending a .75¢ packet in the mail is asking a bit too much[?]

I've 'flushed' your service ethic where it truly belongs with the roll of justice that you have chosen to write your grateful customer service policy. Have pride in your country but please do not condescend and insult your customers outside of your 'safety' zone.

Perhaps that nice roll that you have posted may be woven into a white flag that you may fly over AS. It's all in good fun my friend but there are some serious undertones here.
-Peter-[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom