Kitless Desktop Clicker (2 in row)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rixstix

rixstix

2 in a row for me.

Desktop Clicker #2

Blank is DiamondCast Orion accented with DiamondCast Moissanite Radiance.
Pen is about 5 1/8" long (130cm)
Stainless steel SKM-88
Stainless steel roll stop
Rhodium plated tip

Comments and Critique appreciated.
Andromeda3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Very nice indeed ! ! ! . . . Both of them ! ! !

It would be nice to have the details of how you made these, please.
For example, what size are the brass tube(s) (if any) ?
Do the two portions of the barrel unscrew from each other at the decorative band ? . . . what size are the threads ?

It's nice to get these facts about the construction from the maker of newly-presented kitless pens.

sorcerertd

This is beautiful and it's hard to beat a clicker for convenience. Nice blank, fantastic finish, really like the inlay.

Obviously, that was not a kit. Did you still use a tube? How did you thread for the clicker? Is the tip a screw on also, so the ink cartridge can be changed at either end?

Edit: Mal, you beat me to it.

rixstix

It would be nice to have the details of how you made these, please.
For example, what size are the brass tube(s) (if any) ?
Do the two portions of the barrel unscrew from each other at the decorative band ? . . . what size are the threads ?
Hi Mal & Todd.....
  • No tubes. Body is drilled 1/4" and tapped appropriately for the section or clicker.
  • The lower piece is a section based upon specs from an IAP library article & drilled to accept a Parker/EZflow refill instead of fountain pen.
  • Threads for the section are m9x.75
  • The accent is an Alumilite 'washer' which serves as both an accent and to finetune overall length adjustment (drilling OOPS).
  • SKM-88 clicker threads are m7x.75
  • Roll stop is a 2mm Stainless Steel ball-end headpin.
  • Rhodium plated nosecone is from Richard Greenwald & glued in place.
  • Finish is GluBoost CA
That PSI box of 50 blanks for $50 has been great for experiments and learning new processes.

Sorry I read and speak bullets better than text novels.

Last edited:

magpens

Thanks for those details, Rick.

If you can, please tell us which IAP Library Article you are referring to below . . . or in which section of the Library the article is filed.

• The lower piece is a section based upon specs from an IAP library article & drilled to accept a Parker/EZflow refill instead of fountain pen.

Maybe it's in the section titled "Fountain & Kitless Pens" . . .

. . . . and possibly the article with this title ? ? ?

Kitless Fountain Pen

Thanks again !

Last edited:

rixstix

Mal, I'll have to find it again. It was not those. It was more of an Order of Operations list with dimensions and bit sizes on a single page or in a single image.

Carpet demolition is top of today's 'to do' list.

magpens

Mal, I'll have to find it again. It was not those. It was more of an Order of Operations list with dimensions and bit sizes on a single page or in a single image.

Carpet demolition is top of today's 'to do' list.

OK . . . thanks Rick . . . will look forward to getting the info when you have time. . I have been looking at a lot of the Library without success.

Good luck with your "carpet demolition" !

rixstix

Sorry, it was an image in a post. I used the Bock #5 dimensions as a starting point. My tablet doesn't play nice with posting clickable links so future readers might have to copy/paste to get the image.

magpens

Thanks very much, Rick.

I'll go through that textual description of the process and adapt to my needs as you did for your needs

I am doing something similar to you, based on some parts from a Berea Cigar pen kit but modified to become a single-barrel click pen with a
Schmidt SKM-88.

Thanks again for your very helpful responses to my questions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom