Kitless Design

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cnirenberg

I posted this as a way of showing an excersise in threading a kitless style pen. The threads are 1/2x20 for the cap section and M10x1 for the nib and postable finial. I have been playing around wit this for a while, but couldn't figure out how to attach to a PM so here it is. It takes a G2 refill. Chuck let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

• PA120039_1280x960.jpg
    PA120039_1280x960.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 427
  • SKMBT_C55211031607510.pdf
    145.7 KB · Views: 363
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TomW

I built a similar fountain pen out of clear rod. How did you get the bore and the threads to clean up so well? My clear rod is white wherever I machined it. Said another way, how to polish inside bores and threads?

Tom

cnirenberg

Joe,
Here is another picture of the pen. Tom, I used a bunch of lubricant (Pam) when drilling. If you ever see it close up, the drill got too hot and really messed up the hole in a few spots. The material is a plexi, and I really didn't polish it any. You could no problem. Mike, I am in for a collaboration of those who want to share ideas or tips that work. I have just followed formats and how to's from other IAP members.

Attachments

• PA120038_1280x960.jpg
    PA120038_1280x960.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 301

cnirenberg

Mike,
I know, I know. Give me a week or so, and I should be good for a saturday morning. I'll bring the coffee and snacks too. I still need to bring the cannon over for you to look at.
I sent you an email.
Nice job Cris. Heaven forbid you should stop by and show it to me in person:rolleyes:

Mike

cnirenberg

Thanks for posting the pics. I am at a loss for threading. I guess I need to learn.
When do you start work on that basic tutorial? :)

John,
I'll tell you the truth of the matter. Look for georges tutorial (Texatdurango)
on "Another way of making a Pen" It spells it out very plainly. The real kicker is figuring out the tolerances when you have an outer thread and an inner thread. It really helps to draw things out.

Top Bottom