Kitless Contest Winners

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

darrin1200

We have come to the end of our 2020 Kitless competition. What a competition its been. I feel privileged to have been the moderator for the outstanding contest and proud to rub shoulders with the Artisans and creators that have stepped up to showcase their talents this year.

We had 13 entries in total (wow, what a turn out).
For position 4-6, click here
For position 7-13, click here

Finally. After all the deliberations, cold sweats and second guessing.

Our Winners

In 3rd place, winning Blanks from Bob F valued at $40
Carl Pepka...............username @Carl Pepka
Entry 11 1B.jpg

In 2nd place, winning a prize package from Exotic blanks -$50 and a gift certificate from Alumilite -$30
Fred Bruche.....................username @Fred Bruche
Entry 01 2B.jpg

And finally, without further adieu, in
1st Place and winning Diamond blanks form McKenzie Penworks valued at $100

Pierre Bouillot......................username @Pierre---

Entry 10 1B.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred Bruche

Sorry Fred. Just reflect on impermanence of this earthly existence that can only drag me down one day or the other.
863436.gif

When I saw your pen with the grape agate, I thought prize was not for me this time... It looks like haute couture to me.

Impermanence but maybe also gravity... what goes up must come down at some point 😅
And the entry with the grape agate was Carl's entry 😋

hannah

I was so impressed with all these pens! Winners and runners up.

I would love to hear more about how @Pierre--- made the shaping on his... those lines are so fluid

Pierre---

After turning and threading, I draw lines where I wanted the ridges to be. Without touching the lines, I successively rasped, filed, scraped and sanded, then polished the whole of it.

You can imagine that shaping took more time than turning and threading the blank. But I am currently working on the same design with an Urushi finish, you will soon see it I hope: shaping took half the time , I am getting used to it. :)
IMG_0724.JPG

Top Bottom