Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Entry 2

Votes: 28 35.4%
  • Entry 3

Votes: 41 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chief TomaToe

IT. IS. TIME. We have three absolutely superb kitless pen entries for our contest this summer. I do not envy the voters in having to make this difficult decision. Pick your favorite.

Entry 1
"
My pen is made from Indian Rosewood, some opaque red resin, black Ebonite, stainless steel, and a Fine #6 Jowo steel nib unit ( partially sandblasted ), and a Schmidt ink converter.
The pen is 6 inches/150mm long, 6 1/2 inches/165mm long when capped.
16mm diameter pen, 17.5mm diameter cap.
14 x .8 mm double start cap threads, 10 x .75 mm section thread, 9 x .75 mm thread on the finial.
I made the clip myself from some 1.1mm thick stainless steel.
The Rosewood has been finished with CA.
The cap screws on/off with 1 1/2 turns."

Entry1A.jpg

Entry1B.jpg

Entry1C.jpg

Entry 2
"This is my take on the pool cue pen.
It's made mainly from Maple and Walnut with red, white and black accents.
I have also used Blackwood, white Corian and green Tru-Stone.
It utilizes a Cross refill and a 7mm transmission.
The finish is Glu-Boost."

Entry2A.jpg

Entry2B.jpg

Entry2C.jpg

Entry 3
"This is a piston-fill fountain pen made from black acrylic, clear acrylic, and stainless steel. I machined all the components except for the nib, feed, and feed housing, and fabricated all the metalwork. I was aiming for a skeletonized skyline type look with the barrel overlay, in order to be able to see the piston mechanism. After all the hours spent making the mechanism, it would be a shame to hide it!
This is a reasonably small pen, as far as custom pens go, with a maximum barrel diameter of slightly more than a half inch, and a capped length of around 5 inches. The cap posts on the back of the barrel. With the exception of the black cap threads on the barrel, none of the parts on the pen are glued together, meaning it can be fully taken apart. I enjoy this engineering aspect of penmaking quite a bit."

Entry3A.jpg

Entry3B.jpg

Entry3C.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom