Keeping up with all the posts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

turff49

How in the word does everyone find time to keep up with all the post. This has to be one of the busiest forums that I visit. I have about 3 or 4 that browse through but this one just blows them all away. I never seem to be able to get through them all. Anyone else having thisa problem?:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jerryconn

Dario or JimGo might have a better recommendation, but downloaded feedreader (free) and fire it up every morning after I catch up on the overnight postings.

turff49

Jerry,
I use Sharpreader but at times there are so many post, just not enough time to read them all. I find myself getting interested in a thread hours or even days after it has started then have to go back to catch up. Geez, almost sounds like I'm complaining. Plenty is a good thing. Just trying to figure out when I can fit "work" in.[:D]

fiferb

I subscribe to the ones that really interest me and have them sent to my email. I also try to browse through at least once a day to see what may be going on. I'm sure I miss a bunch but I also learn a bunch.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I like the "Activ topics" feature.
When I have my coffee in the am I can set it for threads that have been active in the last 12 hours.
during the day I reset it for different hourly times.
I can keep up with new posts or read the ones I have read but get new answers.
If I am away for a few days I can set it for daily time frames also.
Thanks Jeff!(could you add an 8 hour slot? 12 is too long at times and 6 is too short[:D])

beamer

Ditto JimGo. Last visit is a make or break for me with forums. I don't use woodnet because it doesn't give me a single list of all the posts i have missed organized by thread (unless I've missed it). It's the reason I like the woodworking.com list, too - i love the 'mark as read' feature - then I can go from any computer and see what I missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom