Keep your real bad pieces too! *pic*

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Don't throw away those pieces from the edges of burls that you end up with when cutting blanks! Cast them using my "Worthless Wood" process and end up with blanks like this!:

2007812171152_mescalww1.jpg

2007812171218_mescalww2.jpg

This is a Mescalbean with copper swirl Alumilite blank that I cast last night. It is from the edge of a boot ball and was in 3 different peices. I keep the pieces in order as they come off the burl and then cast them. It is a little tricky getting the piees to stay put but well worth the effort.

I know it is not a pen yet but I just thought it was beautiful like it is! I will post a pic of the pen when I get around to making one from it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

Your WW looks exceptional because you use the right colors with the wood as well as the right striations for lack of a better word. Another fine job.

Stevej72

Those look great. What you and stevers have been doing with your worthless wood process has been great. Can't wait to find some wood to try it with. Thanks!

PTJeff

Curtis,

This whole "worthless wood" concept has really wonderful. i've really enjoyed the beauty that has been coming from what was once trash.
i've even started to read the threads on pressure pots

Keep them coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom