Just started... I'm in deep

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Grampy

Greetings:

I've always enjoyed "wood" projects, 50 + years back I got the benefit of shop classes that included making projects on a wood lathe (I still have the Walnut bowl I made in 8th grade....sadly those kind of classes are not in vogue now).

I've been intrigued by pen turning for awhile, ever since the wife got me a nice pen for Christmas a few years back.

Got my (1st) mandrel just before Christmas.... made a bunch of stuff for this Christmas.

Obviously still learning, I made a spreadsheet to track the "collection" of bushings I have, sorted by drill size and all dimensions listed. Based on suggestions I found here I downloaded the "bushing app", and it sure makes it nice when "shopping across brands". I'm sure I haven't used all the features, but I am very impressed with the work it took to make it (the app).

Based on the amount of "supplies" / tools I'm accumulating, I'm gonna need a bigger shop 😁😁😁😁.

I want to thank all in advance for the insights I've already gotten "snoopin" around these forums.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

1shootist

Welcome Joe !

Yes sir..when the pen turning bug bites us it also bites the wallet !

What enjoyment it brings though !!

Russ

magpens

@Grampy
Great to hear from you, Joe !!

Bigger shop, bigger budget ... we're all contributing to "the Deficit" !!

Based on your Avatar, and the "deep" in your title, you are spreading yours over more than one "Department" !!

Grampy

@Grampy
Great to hear from you, Joe !!

Bigger shop, bigger budget ... we're all contributing to "the Deficit" !!

Based on your Avatar, and the "deep" in your title, you are spreading yours over more than one "Department" !!
If it is wood, I'm game.....the Kayak was (is) a blast to build and paddle.

KenB259

Welcome. I also got my first taste of woodworking in shop class, many years ago. So sad that most schools don't offer it today. It is a very rewarding hobby and this forum is priceless.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom