Just came back from the P.O.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I had a pen that was "special" and wanted to ship it in the priority casset box,the ones that go for up to a pound for $4.05.
It seems I can no longer get them.
I had to resort to making a protective covering of my own devices.The clek said I could "buy a box" for $1.89 from the revolving rack.
Any time I used the priority box I paid the going rate because I knew putting the priority box in the flat rate mailer was"beating the system"
It seems the U.S.P.S. has figured that out also.
The only thing I have available to me now is the priority envelopes.
Sure am going to miss those boxes.:(

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Eagles,

You can get their Prioritymail Box (almost same as cassette size) still. If you are only shipping a few pens anyway, most likely you won't pay more than $4.05 for it.

Just a thought.

martyb

Your local post office can't get them anymore, but try ordering them online directly from USPS.com. I ordered 2 - 25 packs a few weeks ago. Took about a week for them to be delivered. Everything free of charge!

gerryr

My local PO told me 2-3 months ago they were no longer available, but I kept getting stuff from BB in them. I finally looked online and ordered some, absolutely free.[:0]

Randy_

Originally posted by gerryr
<br />My local PO told me 2-3 months ago they were no longer available, but I kept getting stuff from BB in them. I finally looked online and ordered some, absolutely free.[:0]

If anyone at the PO ever give me correct information, I will have a heart attack. The reason your PO doesn't have those boxes is because they just don't want to go to the trouble of handling/stocking them. Depends on the local postmaster.

That being said, it is easier to order them although not as fast(takes about 2 weeks) and they are free and delivery to your door is free too!! Here is the link to the box you are looking for, I think. Look around the site a little. You can get any Priority media(boxes, labels, envelopes) sent to your home for free and can even get prestamped flat rate media; but those you will have to pay for.

http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10152&storeId=10001&categoryId=13354&productId=11645&langId=-1

Tangboy5000

Agreed, they are still available, you just have to order them yourself. My guy on the inside said it was a cost cutting measure because people would grab them by the handful for everything but mailing.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by Tangboy5000
<br />Agreed, they are still available, you just have to order them yourself. My guy on the inside said it was a cost cutting measure because people would grab them by the handful for everything but mailing.

That's the answer there. Used for any purpose or in any way not intended is stealing. And not just stealing from USPS but all of us.
I receive stuff frequently in boxes made from 'free' flat rate boxes turned inside out. Some folks have no conscience.

jwoodwright

I use the cardboard sleeve from a video and pack the pen between wood or corian that has been wrapped... Then I wrap the cardboard sleeve, address it, put a generous amount of yellow glue on the opposite side, put it in the flat rate envelope, weight it down.
About an hour later, fold the flap over, use one piece clear packing tape, over the pull strip and aiding in securing flap. Do Not wrap tape around corner of envelope...

If you "massage" the envelope, you can get two of the video sleeves in there...

Using this method, the envelope arrives intact. Being glued in, the contents would not be lost...[:I]

Randy_

Originally posted by Rifleman1776
<br />.....I receive stuff frequently in boxes made from 'free' flat rate boxes turned inside out. Some folks have no conscience.

I frequently do that; but only with boxes that have been sent to me and are being recycled. I reuse them to mail stuff at book, media or PP rates when they are cheaper than the FR fees. The PO got smart to folks using "NEW" FL boxes inappropriately and now print on the inside of the boxes as well. Only way you could use them would be to wrap them in brown paper. Don't know for sure that recycling FR boxes is legit: but can't imagine why it wouldn't be??

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Having worked for the government for a number of years, and being exposed to incredible examples of waste, I have to say that using Flat Rate boxes incorrectly is not going to hurt anyone.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Shall we take up a collection for the move?[:D][}:)][:D]

Randy, if you think not worrying about the misuse of a piece of cardboard is condoning breaking the law, may I suggest you visit the web site getalife.com [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom