Just a happy dad...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

micah

wanting to share the joy of fatherhood.:D[^]
My son turned 5 yrs old yesterday!!!:D:D:D I can't believe he has grown so fast and I'm sure the next time I turn around he'll be 10 and then graduating and....well I would just love for it to slow down a little sometimes.[V]
Anyway, along with the gazillion other things that he got for me to step on in the middle of the night he got a ride of a lifetime! His first plane ride![:p] My father was the one that set it all up. In fact the gentleman that flew us was the same man that use to buzz my dad when he was a child out picking cotton. Now he owns his own crop dusting business along with 9 personal planes.
The main reason for this present is because ever since he was 2, he has said that he wants to be a pilot. Something that I have always wanted to do, and although I have flown I haven't been able to get my license. I guess like most fathers I just want my son to be able to pursue his goals and want to give him the opportunities to achieve them, whatever they may be.:)
Here are a couple photos with him today at the airport.

dsc01465a4pb.jpg

dsc01470a9ld.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texas Taco

That's a handsome young man you've got there. Enjoy this time with him, believe me it don't last for ever.........

If you can figure out how to slow down his aging process let me know. My oldest was playing T-Ball last year but look at him now, driving in the first run of the game against my old high school.......
ACF5BA.jpg

He went on to score the winning run two innings later. [:D]

Then here comes his little brother who was in diapers last week.......
sahit0qg.jpg

The first hit of the season, opening day 2006.

micah

Tony,
Yep, it goes by WAY to quick.
My son actually started t-ball 2 weeks ago. I think he's going to really enjoy it!!!

I'll let you know if I come up with the right formula![;)]

Micah

Rifleman1776

Micah:
From one who knows, don't blink. Blink and he will be out of college and gone. Give a child full attention while you have him. You both will be rewarded mightily. That picture is great.

Johnathan

I still remember the first time I flew, what a wonderful gift your son was given. He will remember his time in that plane for the rest of his life, and who knows, he might be flying us all around the world in the years to come!

angboy

It seems like there's a direct correlation where as I get older, everyone else looks younger- like nowadays high school students look to me to be about 12, and physicians all look to be barely out of high school. But this picture must mean I'm really, really old! [:D][:D]

Daniel

You are so right about them growing up and slipping away to fast. I have three young ones. the baby of the bunch is already 13. the oldest is nearly 21. She has had two false starts at leaving the nest. not all that anxious for her next try either.
I was lucky enough to find out early on that you can instruct, guide, and incourage them. but trying to control them will only ruin the time you have.

woodwish

Last time I flew on one of the commuter flights out of here the pilot was about that same age I think. I do know what they mean by how fast they grow up. A few weeks ago I was taking a scared little kindergarten kid to the first day of school. Tonight I legally shared a few beers with her and her boyfriend to celebrate her final final of her junior year in college, business major with about a 3.9 GPA. She already makes almost as much as I do, of course she's an assistant manager for a large management corporation and I am a high school teacher with 30 years experience. Proud of her and her two siblings, God certainly blessed us all with great kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom